Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Makes me laugh when people say they’d stop going even if they had to move for one year. Could understand someone being peed off being permanently shifted for corporate but not something like this and on a temporary bases. Loads in that end don’t even have an u18 with them anymore either.

That was the same reaction when people had to move because of the family stand.

Saying that, a mate of mine and his dad have stopped going because they were moved from their seats to accommodate the new and larger advertising boards on ESL1. They were moved further up ESL1 and had to pay more for their season tickets. They weren’t prepared to pay more this season.

We’re not parrots. People are allowed an opinion whether ’YOU’ like it or not. If you don’t like it, don’t read the posts.

Many of us would like a single tier, but overtime the general consensus on this thread has shifted to a double tier. (which I’m happy with)

Regardless, I’m sure those at City who are involved in the NS expansion do read this thread with interest, gauging what the fans would like to see built when the NS is expanded. Hopefully the fans will be consulted and invited to a public consultation so we can look at the plans for the NS expansion in more detail, and so we can speak face to face with people at the club and the architects who are involved in the NS expansion. (I do like a good stadium model) The plans aren’t only for a stand, they will include City Sauare, the Souvenir shop, and the whole area leading to Joe Mercer Way and the Coop Live Arena.

This will probably be the final expansion of the Etihad, so I hope, like many of us on this thread, that the club do involve the fans in the NS expansion plans. And I don’t just mean via a basic email survey.
I doubt it is the final expansion. The original roof has to be sorted regardless and raising the N & S roofs while putting a new E & W roof on at the same original level makes no sense to me as it would look decidedly odd. I can see the 3rd tier E & W stands extending back at some point and the corners extended into the N & S stands direction.

We’re not parrots. People are allowed an opinion whether ’YOU’ like it or not. If you don’t like it, don’t read the posts.

Many of us would like a single tier, but overtime the general consensus on this thread has shifted to a double tier. (which I’m happy with)

Regardless, I’m sure those at City who are involved in the NS expansion do read this thread with interest, gauging what the fans would like to see built when the NS is expanded. Hopefully the fans will be consulted and invited to a public consultation so we can look at the plans for the NS expansion in more detail, and so we can speak face to face with people at the club and the architects who are involved in the NS expansion. (I do like a good stadium model) The plans aren’t only for a stand, they will include City Sauare, the Souvenir shop, and the whole area leading to Joe Mercer Way and the Coop Live Arena.

This will probably be the final expansion of the Etihad, so I hope, like many of us on this thread, that the club do involve the fans in the NS expansion plans. And I don’t just mean via a basic email survey.
Well said @jrb they seem to be a group of Manchester City who do not want to move with the times, everywhere else in the world of stadiums is building a copy of the Yellow Wall section into stadiums and filling it with there most passionate fans so help to create an atmosphere

Please watch Khaldoon's end-of-season interview, the part you want to watch is from 2. minutes 57 secs into the video until 3 minutes 18 seconds this will answer many a question of what the club wants with the North Stand

I doubt it is the final expansion. The original roof has to be sorted regardless and raising the N & S roofs while putting a new E & W roof on at the same original level makes no sense to me as it would look decidedly odd. I can see the 3rd tier E & W stands extending back at some point and the corners extended into the N & S stands direction.

I’m not convinced about that, especially in the short to medium term.(years) I’m 55 and I don’t see either the CBS or ES 3rd tiers expanding backwards in my lifetime. I think City will settle for 60,000-65,000 once the NS is expanded. And tbh I think that’s enough atm as Pep, if Pep extends his contract, and Haaland, will both be leaving the club in the future.

Please watch Khaldoon's end-of-season interview, the part you want to watch is from 2. minutes 57 secs into the video until 3 minutes 18 seconds this will answer many a question of what the club wants with the North Stand

He's a huge fan of a safe standing area behind the goal (NS) n would even envision a blue wall, be good for the players, fans n atmo...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.