Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

People need to let this yellow wall nonsense go.

We have been told categorically from people that know that it isnt happening. I have been told by a pal who works at City in a fairly high position that it isnt happening.

I posted in this thread 2 weeks or so ago exactly what he told me is happening (mirrors south stand, hotels, food outlets incorporated, club shop within it and city square moved back)

Also it will start as soon as the arena is done.
Also the merc garage purchase appears to be true too.

So really, some people need to move on from this.

Secondly, and i’ll pre-empt this by saying i love our owners dearly and will thank them til my dying day for making my dreams come true..
But … if you think they give much of a fuck about the match going fan youre sadly mistaken. Dozens of examples why they dont and its all about the dollar. Harsh but true

We have been told categorically from people that know that it isnt happening. I have been told by a pal who works at City in a fairly high position that it isnt happening.

I posted in this thread 2 weeks or so ago exactly what he told me is happening (mirrors south stand, hotels, food outlets incorporated, club shop within it and city square moved back)

Secondly, and i’ll pre-empt this by saying i love our owners dearly and will thank them til my dying day for making my dreams come true..
But … if you think they give much of a fuck about the match going fan youre sadly mistaken. Dozens of examples why they dont and its all about the dollar. Harsh but true
The fans would be happy with the three tiers if they were as follows, one an elevated first tier that is full of safe standing, a second tier that joins up with the old second tier so forming a massive second tier. If your pal is high up tell him what people discuss on here that people want to see the plans in a consultation.

The fans would be happy with the three tiers if they were as follows, one an elevated first tier that is full of safe standing, a second tier that joins up with the old second tier so forming a massive second tier. If your pal is high up tell him what people discuss on here that people want to see the plans in a consultation.
FWIW, The plans are done, the brochure is made and it’s all under lock and key for now. :-)

What planet are you on?

Honestly mate , a poster a few posts back said itll be whatever generates most cash. And losing corperate/boxes to have a bigger second tier wont float the owners boat

Not being sarky, but what "the fans would be happy with" will be highly unlikely to be the deciding factor. He who pays the piper calls the tune. What HH wants is what will happen.

Are you the self appointed spokesperson for the fans

To be fair there was a fans consultation with models that was done in a portacabin at games a few seasons back before games, remember doing it. How much of that was taken on board, who knows. I guess feedback that didn’t impact the financial side may have been feedback that did impact it not so much. Doubt if they held another consultation, feedback or the impact of the feedback would have changed much from the original consultation.

Not doubting you. All snippets are always welcome, regardless of the source. Thanks.

If the NS mirrors the SS thats under 60,000. The general consensus has always been City want the Etihad capacity to be over 60,000.

Mirroring the SS certainly isn’t creating a proper home end that everyone wants, regardless of the design. It’s just creating another 3rd tier and adding 6000 seats.

The Etihad has been shortlisted for Euro 2028 alongside Old Trafford. 2 venues in the same City. Whilst the Emirates and Anfield were rejected. Anfield will have a capacity of 61,000 once the Anfield Road stand is expanded.

I’m guessing here and I’m probably wrong, but for the Etihad to be shortlisted alongside Old Trafford there must be an exciting NS proposal, and a large increase in capacity at the Etihad for that to happen?

If the north mirrors the south, how do you all think the 3 tiers will be laid out?

Possible options:

Tier 3 - Similar pricing structure to SSL3
Tier 2 - Family Stand + new central premium seating block.
Tier 1 - Safe Standing ‘home end’

Tier 3 - Similar pricing structure to SSL3 / All safe standing
Tier 2 - Mix of premium, corporate and standard.
Tier 1 - Family Stand

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.