Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Re comments on the stadium etc. I agree with @Psychedelic Casual (we agree on most things I think haha). Our stadium definitely isn't in the world beating category.

The reality is it's 20 years old and while corporate areas have been tarted up (as has the south stand L1 concourse bar this season, and kudos to the club it's really great!) the ground is showing its age heavily and isn't anything special.

It needs massive investment to compete with the new grounds. I've not been, but all the photos of the new Spurs ground looks fantastic - you've got to give credit to Spurs for doing that.

Not doubting you. All snippets are always welcome, regardless of the source. Thanks.

If the NS mirrors the SS thats under 60,000. The general consensus has always been City want the Etihad capacity to be over 60,000.

Mirroring the SS certainly isn’t creating a proper home end that everyone wants, regardless of the design. It’s just creating another 3rd tier and adding 6000 seats.

The Etihad has been shortlisted for Euro 2028 alongside Old Trafford. 2 venues in the same City. Whilst the Emirates and Anfield were rejected. Anfield will have a capacity of 61,000 once the Anfield Road stand is expanded.

I’m guessing here and I’m probably wrong, but for the Etihad to be shortlisted alongside Old Trafford there must be an exciting NS proposal, and a large increase in capacity at the Etihad for that to happen?
If I remember rightly when worsleyweb was on here he said at some point the club had decided on the large 2nd tier option. I may be mis remembering , or the plans may have changed again.Though the stand incorporating a hotel was never mentioned, I’m sure he did say the plans incorporated a shop and extended to include City Square.

If I remember rightly when worsleyweb was on here he said at some point the club had decided on the large 2nd tier option. I may be mis remembering , or the plans may have changed again.Though the stand incorporating a hotel was never mentioned, I’m sure he did say the plans incorporated a shop and extended to include City Square.

I’ve never been convinced by the hotel rumour. It would be great to incorporate a hotel into the stand, but the cost of doing that would be high. I’m more inclined to think the souvenir store would be incorporated into the NS, just like the souvenir store is at Old Trafford.

Just done a bit of digging.

Invitations have now been issued to cities and stadia in England to bid to become a tournament venue in 2028 – with the minimum seating capacity to join the selection process needing to be more than 30,000.

On a serious note, without taking the p*ss out of the Scousers, I still don’t understand why Anfield didn’t make the shortlist.

I’ve never been convinced by the hotel rumour. It would be great to incorporate a hotel into the stand, but the cost of doing that would be high. I’m more inclined to think the souvenir store would be incorporated into the NS, just like the souvenir store is at Old Trafford.

Just done a bit of digging.

Invitations have now been issued to cities and stadia in England to bid to become a tournament venue in 2028 – with the minimum seating capacity to join the selection process needing to be more than 30,000.

On a serious note, without taking the p*ss out of the Scousers, I still don’t understand why Anfield didn’t make the shortlist.

Anfield pitch is too small and below the UEFA standard allowing it to host finals and major international tournament games.

Re comments on the stadium etc. I agree with @Psychedelic Casual (we agree on most things I think haha). Our stadium definitely isn't in the world beating category.

The reality is it's 20 years old and while corporate areas have been tarted up (as has the south stand L1 concourse bar this season, and kudos to the club it's really great!) the ground is showing its age heavily and isn't anything special.

It needs massive investment to compete with the new grounds. I've not been, but all the photos of the new Spurs ground looks fantastic - you've got to give credit to Spurs for doing that.
It's certainly starting to show its age outside as well. Lots of cracked paving stones and faded colours on the ground. I'd imagine, reading rumours above, the expanded south stand + arena will come with a general redevelopment of outside.

It's certainly starting to show its age outside as well. Lots of cracked paving stones and faded colours on the ground. I'd imagine, reading rumours above, the expanded south stand + arena will come with a general redevelopment of outside.
The shite faded flaking paint and concrete outside drives me mad. What would it cost to sort that, a few grand? Inexcusable that the club haven't sorted that out - they had two fucking years during covid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.