Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Can somebody tell me why any City fan would want or give a flying feck about holding a Champions League Final at the Etihad?

Seriously, that would be like letting your arch enemy come into your house, eat your food, feck your wife, sleep in your bed and leaving skid marks in your bog before pissing off the next day and expecting you to sort out the mess. In short, no fecking chance, in fact I'd rather reduce the capacity than increase it to run the risk of that occurring.

Yeah I don't think anywhere in England will get champions league finals if its over here then Wembley will get them as its a money maker for them

We ripped out 1500 seats in 2021 to install bigger advertising holdings. So the idea the club are wanting to get to a certain capacity is nonsense.

And where are you getting this idea that ‘everyone is wants a proper home end’ ?

I must have missed that vote. Every blue I know it not arsed and certainly won’t be swapping seats no matter what type of stand is built.
I'll be staying in the South stand next to the away fans because that's where the atmosphere will be

Can somebody tell me why any City fan would want or give a flying feck about holding a Champions League Final at the Etihad?

Seriously, that would be like letting your arch enemy come into your house, eat your food, feck your wife, sleep in your bed and leaving skid marks in your bog before pissing off the next day and expecting you to sort out the mess. In short, no fecking chance, in fact I'd rather reduce the capacity than increase it to run the risk of that occurring.
What if we where in the final? What if we won it? Never happened before but that would be beautiful

I'll be staying in the South stand next to the away fans because that's where the atmosphere will be

It's not where it is at the moment. Having banter with the away fans and singing about Dzeko is fine. Big part of football and nice to intimidate the away fans. Not having a dig at all as when I used to sit in 212 it was largely giving the away fans shite and having the odd watch of the game! But we need a section that belts out our proper anthems that everyone knows, and starts catchy songs for people to get involved in around the ground. Many will want to stay where they are, like you and that's fine. A singing section in an expanded NSL2 would hopefully allow a few thousand to go and use that roof to help echo songs around and get everyone singing. Maybe a little sing off with the South Stand from time to time - healthy competition like the Maine Road days.

It's not where it is at the moment. Having banter with the away fans and singing about Dzeko is fine. Big part of football and nice to intimidate the away fans. Not having a dig at all as when I used to sit in 212 it was largely giving the away fans shite and having the odd watch of the game! But we need a section that belts out our proper anthems that everyone knows, and starts catchy songs for people to get involved in around the ground. Many will want to stay where they are, like you and that's fine. A singing section in an expanded NSL2 would hopefully allow a few thousand to go and use that roof to help echo songs around and get everyone singing. Maybe a little sing off with the South Stand from time to time - healthy competition like the Maine Road days.
They can build the stand but City fans belting out songs like the yellow wall isn't going to happen. SSL3 is huge and reasonably priced but they sit on their hands most of the time. I'll stick to SSL1 singing Edin Dzeko.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.