Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

It’s a really exciting time for Manchester as regards towers and construction in general.(including the Coop Live Arena) There seems to be no end in towers going up or new ones being proposed.

Or maybe I’m just a sad tower Geek? :-
Keep on top of it jrb;-)

I can see the boxes being converted into a general hospitality section which links into the hotel so there are views of the pitch available for guests.
Yes but they will want much more than the current hospitality spec than than that if there is a hotel of any great size in the stand.

i know ours is likely to be a much grander affair but anyone know how many rooms whites hotel at Bolton ground has? I’m thinking we would be at least double that

I can see the boxes being converted into a general hospitality section which links into the hotel so there are views of the pitch available for guests.

I reckon the seats for them will be the middle block of the 2nd tier mirroring the Legends Lounge at the other end.
I know it's been mentioned. but I can't really see a hotel as part of the stand, maybe there are plans for something on the campus somewhere and people have put the 2 things together. Myself I'd be surprised if a hotel is part of he stand structure.

Any idea how big the stand would be if it went as far back as the other side of the club shop ? Might give us an idea as what can cannot be included seeing at people are suggestion it would be extended to include the shop and city square. I know people on here have been able to use google maps in the past to measure plots of lands virtually

Any idea how big the stand would be if it went as far back as the other side of the club shop ? Might give us an idea as what can cannot be included seeing at people are suggestion it would be extended to include the shop and city square. I know people on here have been able to use google maps in the past to measure plots of lands virtually

It won’t be that big haha. It’ll likely be similar to the South Stand but come out a bit more around the bottom/middle. City Square will be where the club shop is now I’d imagine.

When people say the club shop will be in the stand they mean the current shop will be knocked down and they’ll put a new one inside the stand like they have it at the swamp.

I know it's been mentioned. but I can't really see a hotel as part of the stand, maybe there are plans for something on the campus somewhere and people have put the 2 things together. Myself I'd be surprised if a hotel is part of he stand structure.

of course no need to have it built in could be on the collar site with a Manchester airport style walkway

of course no need to have it built in could be on the collar site with a Manchester airport style walkway
Yes, though if that was the case there would be no real need for the hotel to be behind the North stand or connected to the NS could just as easily be connected to the C.B or East stands, not sure off the top of my head if here is room for a hotel on the east side, but think on the CB side there would be.

Yes, though if that was the case there would be no real need for the hotel to be behind the North stand or connected to the NS could just as easily be connected to the C.B or East stands, not sure off the top of my head if here is room for a hotel on the east side, but think on the CB side there would be.
Edit , thinking about it I think either side would have room.

I posted previously that I’d be happy with a 2 tier NS (expansion), and a new Etihad capacity of 60,000+.

Any other additional improvements to the stadium internally and externally would also be good.

I think everyone would be really. Mirroring the SS is what was initially proposed but it's a bit meh now - because we've seen Spurs build a new ground and Everton's is on the way with a home end too. It's natural we want what they've got but we know a single tier isn't going to happen due to logistical challenges. I'd take an extended 2nd tier and think it would be fantastic if wider facilities could be improved for your everyday fans as well as more corporate options. I don't think the club needs to do too much more on the corporate side. The tunnel club is unique and no other ground can match it. Spurs and Arsenal have the benefit of loads of London-based people who use company credit cards to book boxes and use them for entertaining clients. Fine-dining and/or a private box give different options depending on the credit limit! City have a good mix, but I'm not sure what else other than bars/restaurants they'd look to do in the North Stand. Maybe corner boxes next to a "home end" as per Spurs?

Either way, whilst there's some arguing about what City fans want (and guess what we might all have different opinions) I think the majority would be happiest with an extended 2nd tier and most disappointed if it was a mirror of the south stand.

I heard off a friend of a friend that one of the rollercoasters on the new "city park" ( roughly phillips park area) is going to swoop over alan turninng way , perform a double helix before cascading under city square . Its exit will take it past the indoor tennis arena before it loops once again past the COOP-Live and back toward the bustling - "Bertie island of adventure"
Not sure as too the validity at this satge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.