Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

They can build the stand but City fans belting out songs like the yellow wall isn't going to happen. SSL3 is huge and reasonably priced but they sit on their hands most of the time. I'll stick to SSL1 singing Edin Dzeko.

You might be right. I feel like the club missed a trick marketing the singing section - cocked it up with the south stand and if they can sort it with the North Stand things might improve. But I would imagine plenty like you are happy where you are now and we could struggle on getting numbers into any new singing section - particularly in the NS where let's be honest it's shite at the moment.

Seen a couple of posts on here where people are having digs, this is a forum to discuss the stadium and surrounding area not to attack other people for having an opinion or suggestions. I wrote my last post here after seeing what people said on here and other forums so that is why I was writing from a third-party perspective. It seems on here that there is a group of people who want change and a better atmosphere for the team and there is a group who just want to shout down these people. For City to make more they need the stadium and area surrounding it to become a destination seven days a week not just match days so that is why I using other teams as an example .....

I don’t generally post in this thread, because I’m not in the least clued-up as to what developments will or might happen but I do pop in from time to time to read the opinions of other blues - learn what they know / take note of their expectations etc.

I’m posting now because I agree with what you’re saying - as an occasional visitor into this thread I’m often put off by the few negative arseholes who seem hell bent on being dismissive and trying to belittle others.

On a positive note, the vast majority in here are engaging and informative and I appreciate that.

Can somebody tell me why any City fan would want or give a flying feck about holding a Champions League Final at the Etihad?

Seriously, that would be like letting your arch enemy come into your house, eat your food, feck your wife, sleep in your bed and leaving skid marks in your bog before pissing off the next day and expecting you to sort out the mess. In short, no fecking chance, in fact I'd rather reduce the capacity than increase it to run the risk of that occurring.

That’s fair enough, but I don’t think our owners think like that. I’m sure they’d be only too happy to have the Etihad host the CL final.

Neither would Etihad, MCC, owners of hotels, bars, pubs, restaurants, taxi drivers, etc.

As long as either Rangers or Celtic never get to the CL final at the Etihad.

Last edited:
I think everyone would be really. Mirroring the SS is what was initially proposed but it's a bit meh now - because we've seen Spurs build a new ground and Everton's is on the way with a home end too. It's natural we want what they've got but we know a single tier isn't going to happen due to logistical challenges. I'd take an extended 2nd tier and think it would be fantastic if wider facilities could be improved for your everyday fans as well as more corporate options. I don't think the club needs to do too much more on the corporate side. The tunnel club is unique and no other ground can match it. Spurs and Arsenal have the benefit of loads of London-based people who use company credit cards to book boxes and use them for entertaining clients. Fine-dining and/or a private box give different options depending on the credit limit! City have a good mix, but I'm not sure what else other than bars/restaurants they'd look to do in the North Stand. Maybe corner boxes next to a "home end" as per Spurs?

Either way, whilst there's some arguing about what City fans want (and guess what we might all have different opinions) I think the majority would be happiest with an extended 2nd tier and most disappointed if it was a mirror of the south stand.

The hotel could host hospitality even if not part of the North Stand so would not require boxes. Access could be through walkways say to the first floor to tier 2 premium seats and marketed as a City Club product with part of the offer being access to exclusive hotel meeting place and hospitality. This hotel space could be used for events at other times. The hotel ground floor can have matchday facilities open to the general public at other times. The spaces can equally be used for the Co-op arena. Check out Wembley.

It makes no sense for any hotel to be incorporated into the North Stand build, especially with plenty of land available. The shop and ticket office are different and can be incorporated into the stand as can extended bars and facilities including maybe part of a new fanzone configuration. Remember we now have an Arena next door.

TV monies are linked to success and commercial revenues to both. Double advertising boards seem a pretty standard feature at PL grounds and could be a negotiated requirement. I find unreal the argument about loss of under 2k seats compared with the potential gain of 10k+ seats after all our owners have done. I am not surprised having sat with main stand moaners at Maine Road. Never heard at the scorebored end or in the Kippax stand. Matchday revenue means even less now.

A safe standing NS Level 1 would give a more passionate pitchside support as a home end, dispelling all the family stand Emptihad jibes. I support the concept of an extended 2nd tier with cheap seats in the gods at the rear and families accomodated at the sides.

I think this is the most attractive option for revenues that will keep ticket prices down, whilst meeting demand with continued success. Khaldoon has alluded to the importance of fans in his interviews as this is critical to the CFG strategy and model. All businesses depend on their market and abilty to attract customers.

Personally I would not swap Pep Guardiola for Les McDowell or any player or anything in between, including yjr Mercer/Allison years. We are different gravy, truly world class on and off the field. In comparison, anything paid for tickets today is a bargain considering the what is on view and has been for several years.

They can build the stand but City fans belting out songs like the yellow wall isn't going to happen. SSL3 is huge and reasonably priced but they sit on their hands most of the time. I'll stick to SSL1 singing Edin Dzeko.

That’s all good and well, but 110 and 111 has become much quieter after people relocated to the singing section in 115.(114 & 116)

The same will happen when people relocate to the new singing section in the NS.(hopefully) I can’t speak for everyone personally, but that’s what most 1894 members I know are doing.

SSL1 will either go one of two ways when the NS expansion and singing section is up and running. It will either stay the same, but with less singers and less chanting, or it will die a death and become another quiet(er) part of the stadium.

I’d love nothing more than SSL1 and the NS singing sections to bounce off each other, sing together, and sing chants at each other in reply, like fans in Europe do.

That’s all good and well, but 110 and 111 has become much quieter after people relocated to the singing section in 115.(114 & 116)

The same will happen when people relocate to the new singing section in the NS.(hopefully) I can’t speak for everyone personally, but that’s what most 1894 members I know are doing.

SSL1 will either go one of two ways when the NS expansion and singing section is up and running. It will either stay the same, but with less singers and less chanting, or it will die a death and become another quiet(er) part of the stadium.

I’d love nothing more than SSL1 and the NS singing sections to bounce off each other, sing together, and sing chants at each other in reply, like fans in Europe do.
Agreed but City are attracting a new younger fanbase as you see and hear at away games. No reason why a standing SS1 NS will not complement SS1 S2

The hotel could host hospitality even if not part of the North Stand so would not require boxes. Access could be through walkways say to the first floor to tier 2 premium seats and marketed as a City Club product with part of the offer being access to exclusive hotel meeting place and hospitality. This hotel space could be used for events at other times. The hotel ground floor can have matchday facilities open to the general public at other times. The spaces can equally be used for the Co-op arena. Check out Wembley.

It makes no sense for any hotel to be incorporated into the North Stand build, especially with plenty of land available. The shop and ticket office are different and can be incorporated into the stand as can extended bars and facilities including maybe part of a new fanzone configuration. Remember we now have an Arena next door.

TV monies are linked to success and commercial revenues to both. Double advertising boards seem a pretty standard feature at PL grounds and could be a negotiated requirement. I find unreal the argument about loss of under 2k seats compared with the potential gain of 10k+ seats after all our owners have done. I am not surprised having sat with main stand moaners at Maine Road. Never heard at the scorebored end or in the Kippax stand. Matchday revenue means even less now.

A safe standing NS Level 1 would give a more passionate pitchside support as a home end, dispelling all the family stand Emptihad jibes. I support the concept of an extended 2nd tier with cheap seats in the gods at the rear and families accomodated at the sides.

I think this is the most attractive option for revenues that will keep ticket prices down, whilst meeting demand with continued success. Khaldoon has alluded to the importance of fans in his interviews as this is critical to the CFG strategy and model. All businesses depend on their market and abilty to attract customers.

Personally I would not swap Pep Guardiola for Les McDowell or any player or anything in between, including yjr Mercer/Allison years. We are different gravy, truly world class on and off the field. In comparison, anything paid for tickets today is a bargain considering the what is on view and has been for several years.

That sounds a lot like the Barcelona walkway between the stadium and the museum. I'm sure the club would consider that if Barcelona have done it!

Where does the family stand go under your proposal and where do the people go who will be moved for it?

I am certain our owners would like to emulate the type of hotel they are familiar with in AD.
Surely if others can build them in Manchester then it's combined appeal with the new Coop sponsored auditorium would be irresistible?

The singing from the Yellow Wall at Dortmund is all led by cunts with loud hailers and some twats banging drums all through the match.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.