Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

That’s probably true but I bet you can also charge more for rooms with views through to the pitch but then you will loose club corporate faculties I would imagine

City themed hotel built into the stand and then a separate one on the campus maybe?

I’d locate a hotel on the Collar site adjacent to what is currently City Square and the club shop, where the current Coop Live porta-cabins are. I‘d also locate a new and bigger souvenir shop next to the Hotel. Maybe combine them both?

A bit pie in the sky maybe, but I’d like a proper food hall where you can go and get some proper food and have a drink before or after the match. Not corporate. Something similar to the Mackie Mayor on GAS, albeit in a new purpose built building.

B30-C4-BF2-5-CDD-480-D-8055-F50471021109.webp

I’d like to see a new plaza/City Square, maybe with a roof in some shape or form over it with bars underneath it between the expanded NS and Joe Mercer Way. As it is standing outside at City Square in the rain and inclement weather for the best part of the season isn’t fun or appealing.

Last edited:
That’s a good question.

Bolton Stadium Hotel.

2-CCCD215-FF62-4145-9-BAD-7532-E0-C5-E246.webp

A1076-BD0-45-AF-4-DE5-BCD9-71725-C46781-F.jpg

0-EE87807-99-CC-4-B04-823-F-1283-EDE0-CF8-E.jpg

Bolton Stadium Hotel (currently Bolton Whites Hotel) features 125 guest rooms, including 19 guest rooms offering impressive panoramic pitch-side views, a bar and restaurant serving traditional British cuisine.

Where did the hotel built into the stadium rumour come from?
I'm never too keen on that add on vibe (and the stadium losing it's symmetry) and would much prefer a standalone hotel.

The Arena will be a catalyst for more development for sure.
The new Factory will be open next year too...there's bit of positivity on the horizon at least.
Rumour came from me and it’s definitely happening just not sure of the date’s although the way city are performing on my eliminate it’ll be the next century.
Not sure if the location exactly but City have purchased an old bank near the current training ground to continue the training ground expansion for academy players .
Laing O’rourke will be one of the main contractors who will be doing major projects on the Mercedes site .
I’ll update as I get to know more .

That’s probably true but I bet you can also charge more for rooms with views through to the pitch but then you will loose club corporate faculties I would imagine

I went to the Rogers Centre in Toronto years ago and they have a hotel with views over the baseball pitch. It's pretty unique but also a bit ugly and wouldn't suit a football stadium in my opinion. Yes you could do it differently, but it doesn't make any sense to me to have hotel rooms with a view of the pitch. The traditional model of boxes works. They're specifically for football and they make a good amount of money. Then have a hotel which is specifically for hotel guests. They can go and watch a game (you can do 2nights and a match ticket offers etc) or they can go to the Coop Arena.

I’d locate a hotel on the Collar site adjacent to what is currently City Square and the club shop, where the current Coop Live porta-cabins are. I‘d also locate a new and bigger souvenir shop next to the Hotel. Maybe combine them both?

A bit pie in the sky maybe, but I’d like a proper food hall where you can go and get some proper food and have a drink before or after the match. Not corporate. Something similar to the Mackie Mayor on GAS, albeit in a new purpose built building.

I’d like to see a new plaza/City Square, maybe with a roof in some shape or form over it with bars underneath it between the expanded NS and Joe Mercer Way. As it is standing outside at City Square in the rain and inclement weather for the best part of the season isn’t fun or appealing.
@jrb like this, you get loads in here like a Hotel, Club Shop, Bars, City Offices and more leisure facilities

1667899938989.png

Rumour came from me and it’s definitely happening just not sure of the date’s although the way city are performing on my eliminate it’ll be the next century.
Not sure if the location exactly but City have purchased an old bank near the current training ground to continue the training ground expansion for academy players .
Laing O’rourke will be one of the main contractors who will be doing major projects on the Mercedes site .
I’ll update as I get to know more .
The old bank is next to the canal bridge on Ashton New Road, It not a big area, just a small building with parking outside, all fenced off at the moment

Just a layman... but, how do people get to and in and out of the hotel (if it's attached to/integrated) the North Stand on matchday evening or nights? Even if you had a separate entrance to a dedicated car par, the roads will still be fubar 45mins from kick off.
Or maybe they will finally address the abomination that is road/parking access.

think having a hall for people to drink will be ahead of a food hall. but like it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.