Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Rumour came from me and it’s definitely happening just not sure of the date’s although the way city are performing on my eliminate it’ll be the next century.
Not sure if the location exactly but City have purchased an old bank near the current training ground to continue the training ground expansion for academy players .
Laing O’rourke will be one of the main contractors who will be doing major projects on the Mercedes site .
I’ll update as I get to know more .
I’m trying to tap up my mate, who works for Laing O’Rourke but it’s Top Secret

That’s a good question.

Bolton Stadium Hotel.

2-CCCD215-FF62-4145-9-BAD-7532-E0-C5-E246.webp

A1076-BD0-45-AF-4-DE5-BCD9-71725-C46781-F.jpg

0-EE87807-99-CC-4-B04-823-F-1283-EDE0-CF8-E.jpg

Bolton Stadium Hotel (currently Bolton Whites Hotel) features 125 guest rooms, including 19 guest rooms offering impressive panoramic pitch-side views, a bar and restaurant serving traditional British cuisine.

I stayed at the Bolton Hotel for two nights either side of their match with City back in 2004.

Great view and experience sitting on the sofa, drinking beer (hidden from view!) while watching the game with the family. Tried to do it again the following year but Bolton had turned the room into a Corporate entertaining facility.

IMG_BWEve.JPGIMG_1BWMatch.JPG

Would love to see something similar at City.

That’s in the home end behind the goal, the White wall or whatever the spuds call it, I sat in there for the Joshua v Usyk fight last year, it is as the pictures show, in fact it’s more impressive, they have all the brewery equipment on show, the concourse is mahoosive, but like you say the service wasn’t great and they ran out of everything except neck oil, missus was gagging drinking it :)

Thanks for clarifying.

I do wonder if they pay more to be placed in that end. Where my missus sits (bottom tier - 2 o'clock if you were sat on the bench) is nowhere near as impressive. Lots of space though.

I stayed at the Bolton Hotel for two nights either side of their match with City back in 2004.

Great view and experience sitting on the sofa, drinking beer (hidden from view!) while watching the game with the family. Tried to do it again the following year but Bolton had turned the room into a Corporate entertaining facility.

View attachment 60414View attachment 60415

Would love to see something similar at City.

I don't like the idea of a Bolt-on hotel.

Always presumed any connection between the ground and a proposed hotel would be like the one connecting the raddison at the airport rather than actually built into a stand or half the hotel would be missing windows/facing a concourse

iu

The only thing he would give up was 8,000 seats, museum, plaza & hotel, but no photos or indication of whether the hotel was part of the stand. His description - WOW!

Thanks.

A few on here have gestimated 8000 extra seats that would take the Etihad to 61,400.

A hotel and museum won’t fit on the land between an expanded NS and Joe Mercer way, so they’ll probably be located on the Collar site.

A plaza (which I mentioned yesterday), would mean the redevelopment of City Square, the souvenier store might go, along with the current bars and restaurants.

Any info on the souvenier store?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.