Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Agreed.....the foot flow from the metro and hotel will be key.

All the shops, bars,restaurants and connecting pedestrian routes will be covered by a ‘ Kings Cross ‘ styled canopy creating a huge area for pre match / concert use.

The hotel is going where the arena cabins are with vehicular access from AT Way.

The whole project will be located in that big triangle, leaving very large areas including Asda for additional leisure development

At this rate City won’t be just expanding the North stand, they’ll be building the 8th wonder of the World. :-)

Kings Cross canopy.

1668158567251.jpeg
1668158603381.jpeg

1668158627868.jpeg

There’s no room to put anything up near St James’s Park. Even expanding the ground is going to be extremely difficult for them since there’s a listed building right down the side.

If Saudi Arabia are serious about investing as much as they say they will in Newcastle, on top of how much they're already pumping into the UK, I would be amazed if the council doesn't find some subsidence or something to knock down that row of houses or remove the listing.

Ultimately, what's better for Newcastle and its residents? Preserving a row of victorian houses or building and developing St James Park, creating hundreds of jobs, and enhancing one of the city's biggest leisure and culture amenities?

If Saudi Arabia are serious about investing as much as they say they will in Newcastle, on top of how much they're already pumping into the UK, I would be amazed if the council doesn't find some subsidence or something to knock down that row of houses or remove the listing.

Ultimately, what's better for Newcastle and its residents? Preserving a row of victorian houses or building and developing St James Park, creating hundreds of jobs, and enhancing one of the city's biggest leisure and culture amenities?
It wouldn't be a row of houses though it would be a big chunk of city centre buildings, and it isn't a great stadium anyway.. They'd be far more likely to try and relocate the ground and sell prime city centre land. The hard part will be presuading the fans, it's been mooted before, John Hall I think tried.

This thread certainly shows who is around FOC level.

Souvenir shop?

Gen Z calling it megastore?

*All this talk of getting old, it's getting me down, my love...
City Xtra advise that you are the man with the inside scoop regarding transfers etc do have any info with happening with the site and NS stand

They're currently looking at plans to expand, citing the old line that anything is possible if you have enough money and imagination. But the complexity is such that I suspect they'll end up deciding to move to a new stadium, as Sir John Hall originally wanted to do in the 1990s. Whatever happens, I really don't think it credible that their current owners would be happy to stay for the long term at their current stadium in its current form.

If they do relocate, then to keep the fans onside, they'll have to make the new venue something particularly spectacular. They have the money and ambition to do exactly that.

No, they pulled out of talks because they considered that Mike Ashley wasn't taking the process seriously. But in any case, ADUG didn't start off with an intention of developing land around a club stadium. It became part of the plan when they were presented with a project at City that allowed ample scope to do so.

If they'd ended up buying Everton, say, or Newcastle and built a new stadium there, they might also have opted to develop land around that new venue if the location allowed. But, at the outset, the priority was to acquire a football club, and the development opportunity was secondary.

Fair enough mate, Ashley will never learn in business at times will he! lol

It wouldn't be a row of houses though it would be a big chunk of city centre buildings, and it isn't a great stadium anyway.. They'd be far more likely to try and relocate the ground and sell prime city centre land. The hard part will be presuading the fans, it's been mooted before, John Hall I think tried.

If they can overcome the leazes place problem then they can redevelop St James Park into a 60,000+ seater and I think the Bernebeu renovation has shown everyone how much you can modernise and redevelop with almost zero room to expand in a packed city centre.

The St James Park location is pretty integral to the city and the club's identity so I think they'll get as much help as possible to stay there. All local businesses and the hundreds of pubs they always talk about will be desperate for them to stay and not move to some suburb miles away.

Co-op Live - Instagram.
May have already been posted?

B384-AC8-B-848-B-4-C0-E-B1-AE-1-DCAB4-B3-E6-B3.jpg
Christ, that's progressed quickly from your pics a few days ago.

If they can overcome the leazes place problem then they can redevelop St James Park into a 60,000+ seater and I think the Bernebeu renovation has shown everyone how much you can modernise and redevelop with almost zero room to expand in a packed city centre.

The St James Park location is pretty integral to the city and the club's identity so I think they'll get as much help as possible to stay there. All local businesses and the hundreds of pubs they always talk about will be desperate for them to stay and not move to some suburb miles away.

I've seen plans where that end remains as is and they expand the Gallowgate to become the same height as the Leazes and Milburn Stands to take it well over 60,000. There's been loads of talk about it over the years though and I haven't bothered to check on logistical issues as I'm not too fussed what they do!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.