Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Obviously nowhere near like for like, but a double tier like this with the 2nd tier being the larger tier.

mundiarena_stadiums - Instagram

DDD41-BBA-12-D7-4037-83-D0-BFDA5-D24128-F.jpg
I always think of the Sydney Olympic Stadium from 2000 when anyone mentions an extended second tier

9F237ECD-0EA1-4F46-85D2-3F1174685B57.jpeg

imagine that at one end, a bit steeper with a roof!

Thought to myself there is no real way or demand that the 2nd tier could all be turned premium but in reality, there's maybe only 3,500 seats in it that aren't at least soft hospitality already.

Worried for my front row seat now ;(

Always thought it was too big. The Emirates 2nd tier is all hospitality but it's much smaller.
Even Wembley’s is only about the same size

A3F41C74-BB22-4AEF-A281-D82D1F9AD4FA.jpeg4EDBA8BC-8BD7-482F-B919-4D118FF912BD.jpeg

City have shoehorned hospitality seating into the middle of SSL2 with a restaurant above. Can’t remember it’s name. So there’s a real possibility they will do that with NSL2. If they do that as part of the NS expansion that will kill dead any chance of a larger 2nd tier. TBH it wouldn’t surprise me if City did that. But I sincerely hope City think of and look at the (general) fans and the atmosphere first rather than the corporates and the money. We’ll see.

Last edited:
Tier 3 - Same as SSL3
Tier 2 - Premium Seats
Tier1 - Family Stand

Are we looking at this then? Might not be too much of an atmosphere enhancer.

It would kill the atmosphere and split the stadium up. We’d end up basically with a copy of Wembley/ arsenals ground. I don’t think it shows much ambition at all.

I don’t think we have the corporate fanbase to fill so much corporate seating either. Very disappointing if true.

Hopefully what Tolmie posted is completely untrue and all the posts about a large second tier are true

Last edited:
I always think of the Sydney Olympic Stadium from 2000 when anyone mentions an extended second tier

View attachment 60761

imagine that at one end, a bit steeper with a roof!
Looks strange, with the sides roofed but the ends not. And yes, I did notice your proviso re a roof. Then again, Sydney has a slightly kinder climate to the Costa del Bewick!

We definitely need to up our game regarding expansion of the stadium. And was contemplating a million seater with drones hovering above the cloud base carrying 50 foot screens with mics to convey the astounding noise.

Sorry just woke up after a session and I actually wrote that. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.