Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I've seen plans where that end remains as is and they expand the Gallowgate to become the same height as the Leazes and Milburn Stands to take it well over 60,000. There's been loads of talk about it over the years though and I haven't bothered to check on logistical issues as I'm not too fussed what they do!
There is a metro station underneath where they want to expand

The plan up until very recently was to mirror the South Stand and make the entire middle tier like Club Wembley, being premium pricing.

Not a one-tiered stand on the cards.

Always been an intention to have a hotel on site because of the concert arena.

Would be surprised if in the stadium because also concert staying footfall.

If the store moves, perhaps we can do something there?

*I hear that Bellingham kid is only 19?
I still haven’t heard any news about a cheese room which is a worry.

Considering the wider plans need planning permission I do hope they've moved away from copying the South Stand and will look at doing an expanded North Stand. My original thought was they'd mirror it because they've explored the feasibility of expanding the side stands already and that just works logistically and long-term. I'd been encouraged by some recent posts suggesting it will be an extended 2nd tier - just because it would enable a large number of blues to get in there and hopefully make some noise. But I appreciate, and have mentioned numerous times, a quick return on investment will be their priority and that means corporate/hospitality will have to be a major part of any plans.

We'll see!
@tolmie's hairdoo thanks again for your update, it would be good if the club would say what is going on just now as it would give us something to talk about whilst the world cup is on. Maybe a wee couple of Christmas presents a masterplan of what is happening at the site, Pep signing a new contract and a real reason to sing "Hey Jude"

Forgot to add.

Got talking to 2 lads sat in a van who work for the mobile/crawler crane company.(didn take a picture of the van)

One of the lads told me the static crane won’t be going up until January. It was supposed to be November. Will keep an eye out for it either way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.