Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Interesting view of the North stand from the hospitality suite on South stand level 2.(I think?)

The few hospitality boxes at the top of North stand level 2 really look like an after thought. As if they were plonked there to fill the space between the back of level 2 and the sloping roof space. It will be good to see them finally go.

Does anyone think the North stand level 2 as it currently is can be expanded seamlessly further back creating a much larger level 2/home end without a radical redevelopment of it?

6-AE60-AE5-8-A14-4-FF7-86-E6-6677-DA6-F79-DD.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone think the North stand level 2 as it currently is can be expanded seamlessly further back creating a much larger level 2/home end without a radical redevelopment of it?

Wouldn’t be too different than the expansion at Anfield where they’re building a new 2nd tier. They’d take out the boxes and just build in behind similar to how a third tier would be done.

Too shallow an angle on the 2nd tier I think.

BehindExpandedEnds.jpg

View attachment 61162

They’d just build the new section at a steeper angle, or they’d replace the whole tier.

The same job is being done at Anfield right now with a new steeper 2nd tier being built to eventually replace the current one.

Plans for an expanded 2nd tier at City were shown at fan consultation events a few years back when they did the surveys. Must have been very much the plan at that point.

Interesting view of the North stand from the hospitality suite on South stand level 2.(I think?)

The few hospitality boxes at the top of North stand level 2 really look like an after thought. As if they were plonked there to fill the space between the back of level 2 and the sloping roof space. It will be good to see them finally go.

6-AE60-AE5-8-A14-4-FF7-86-E6-6677-DA6-F79-DD.jpg
Spot on @jrb agree totally

View attachment 61162

I don’t think it’s too shallow. If the 2nd tier continued
upwards at that angle it would create a gradual sloping larger tier, allowing it to go back further. The 3rd tier of the South stand is much steeper due in-part to the limited space behind the South stand when it was expanded. Lack of space wouldn’t be an issue at the back of the North stand with City Square and the souvenir store being moved.

It would be interesting to see how a more splayed out, curved tier at the back, filling the entire space between the CBS and ES would look. A sort of semi-bowl shape.

Last edited:
upwards at that angle it would create a gradual sloping larger tier, allowing it to go back further. The 3rd tier of the South stand is much steeper due in-part to the limited space behind the South stand when it was expanded. Lack of space wouldn’t be an issue at the back of the North stand with City Square and the souvenir store being moved.

It would be interesting to see how a more splayed out, curved tier at the back, filling the entire space between the CBS and ES would look. A sort of semi-bowl shape.
Spot on, it would look like this with a single tier at the bottom and expanded second tier at the top

1668726822453.png

There is a small cross-section graphic of the expanded SS on here (true to form I can't find it now) which shows the angles better. The front edge of the existing 2nd tier is quite a bit above the pitch level, because of that if you continue at the same slope, I think you'll lose view of the nearest goalmouth towards the back of an extended 2nd tier. That's why if you look at almost any cross section of a multi-tiered stand you'll see that they're generally steeper as you go up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.