Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Personally I’d prefer City and their architects to tie it in.

The 2nd tier is already at a good and acceptable angle, unlike the much steeper SSL3 tier, so tieing the current NSL2 tier and proposed NSL2 tier expansion in would make more sense(to me), if the concourses and spaces(souvenier shop, etc?) below can be configured properly within the expanded NS. Do you get what I mean? :-?

Yeah I get what you mean and it's possible to do it so long as it works with the angles to the pitch from the top of the tier. You could change the gradient, within reason but I'm not sure what health and safety regs are around that. You wouldn't typically want the stairs to change steepness partway up - I'm pretty sure there are regulations around that sort of thing these days, to avoid accidents. But the architects will know the regs and what they're working to.

As I've said before, talk has gathered pace recently - whether that's because of the World Cup looming or because news is on the horizon is yet to be seen. For an application of this scale we're talking several months. It has probably been through several pre-application discussions already to speed up determination but it can't be long before they announce plans so that they can crack on when the Arena is completed.

Surely it would make more sense to have standing in level 2 - ie a large home end. Otherwise are they going to move people currently in the family stand?

There would be little to no point in having a standing section in the family stand as no one will stand up.
The under used / misused ‘Family’ Stand will not be in level 1 but I don’t know where or if it will be relocated.

Is there truly need for a family stand ?

The under used / misused ‘Family’ Stand will not be in level 1 but I don’t know where or if it will be relocated.

Is there truly need for a family stand ?

Some parents might feel more comfortable taking their kids to a less intense environment. The kiosks etc are kid friendly as well etc.

What was that for? The stadium just now @jrb

The event gives you unprecedented access and a great opportunity to meet buyers, commissioners, other contractors, and key decision makers.

1668778048908.jpeg

1668778090040.jpeg

• network and build your knowledge in public sector procurement.
  • learn what opportunities are coming up in our contracts pipeline.
  • attend Masterclasses.
  • introduce yourself and your organisation to key contacts and much more.

Yeah I get what you mean and it's possible to do it so long as it works with the angles to the pitch from the top of the tier. You could change the gradient, within reason but I'm not sure what health and safety regs are around that. You wouldn't typically want the stairs to change steepness partway up - I'm pretty sure there are regulations around that sort of thing these days, to avoid accidents. But the architects will know the regs and what they're working to.

As I've said before, talk has gathered pace recently - whether that's because of the World Cup looming or because news is on the horizon is yet to be seen. For an application of this scale we're talking several months. It has probably been through several pre-application discussions already to speed up determination but it can't be long before they announce plans so that they can crack on when the Arena is completed.

Good to know.

Thanks for the interesting updates.

100% this. There will be no extending the 2nd tier at a steeper angle. It will have to be a new 3rd tier above it or the existing 2nd tier gets replaced by one big 2nd tier.

100% this. There will be no extending the 2nd tier at a steeper angle. It will have to be a new 3rd tier above it or the existing 2nd tier gets replaced by one big 2nd tier.
Nooooooooooo!! We love our front row NS2 seats. I am going to chain myself to mine in protest if they propose kicking us out for some silly extension. Just mirror the South Stand (great for OCD), leave us where we are and build behind us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.