Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Chatting to somebody quite well informed on metrolink service the other day. he told me they aren’t a profitable business and finding it hard to improve the general service. Also in terms of upping the amount of trams will be hard as they need to order more but issues getting hold of any in next 2-3 years. Electric bus, park and ride and improved walking paths etc it is then!
With the tram line being suspended for a few years when HS2 Piccadilly is being built, they do need to have alternatives planned for those that can't walk too far. Without building new tram stops, shuttle buses to/from Central Park (on the Oldham to Didsbury line) may be a solution as roads into the city centre will be a nightmare as they are now. I'm always surprised at how under-used that stop is when I drive by but I guess it's just too far to walk to and not pretty either.

Not quite Nostradamus but you got the first bit right.

True.

Got to continue remaining positive that we’ll hear and see something next year.

Off topic.

The demolition of Event City, Trafford City, the location of Therme Manchester has started. Got some pictures today. I’lI probably start a Therme Manchester thread in the Off Topic thread and document it’s construction over the next 2 years. The words game changer and iconic are both appropriate words to describe Therme Manchester.

Promo video.

1669238735720.png

Last edited:
With the tram line being suspended for a few years when HS2 Piccadilly is being built, they do need to have alternatives planned for those that can't walk too far. Without building new tram stops, shuttle buses to/from Central Park (on the Oldham to Didsbury line) may be a solution as roads into the city centre will be a nightmare as they are now. I'm always surprised at how under-used that stop is when I drive by but I guess it's just too far to walk to and not pretty either.
that's why I cancelled my season ticket too walk

True.

Got to continue remaining positive that we’ll hear and see something next year.

Off topic.

The demolition of Event City, Trafford City, the location of Therme Manchester has started. Got some pictures today. I’lI probably start a Therme Manchester thread in the Off Topic thread and document it’s construction over the next 2 years. The words game changer and iconic are both appropriate words to describe Therme Manchester.

Promo video.

View attachment 61800

Where in Manchester is this ?

I’ve started staying on from south Manchester to central park and walking for 20 mins rather than joining the nonsensical crush at Cornbrook
Whoever the fuck decided to make everyone from the traditional heartland of our support all change at one stop is either a rag or a moron
Meanwhile trams to the Etihad come through rag central Eccles and Salford

I’ve started staying on from south Manchester to central park and walking for 20 mins rather than joining the nonsensical crush at Cornbrook
Whoever the fuck decided to make everyone from the traditional heartland of our support all change at one stop is either a rag or a moron
Meanwhile trams to the Etihad come through rag central Eccles and Salford
God bless you M13, I sometimes wonder if the Bluemoon forum is packed full of Steve Ovetts and Seb Coes. It's just over 1.5 miles from Central Park to the Etihad at it would take me 30-32 minutes at a brisk pace with my average legs. It's like the people who say it's a 20 min walk back into town from the ground....and 35 mins later I'm still walking.

I agree though, that the service from the South is apalling with the change at Cornbrook debacle. There was a time not so long ago where you could get a double tram from Alty direct and back to the Etihad. Now we are left with singles :(

God bless you M13, I sometimes wonder if the Bluemoon forum is packed full of Steve Ovetts and Seb Coes. It's just over 1.5 miles from Central Park to the Etihad at it would take me 30-32 minutes at a brisk pace with my average legs. It's like the people who say it's a 20 min walk back into town from the ground....and 35 mins later I'm still walking.

I agree though, that the service from the South is apalling with the change at Cornbrook debacle. There was a time not so long ago where you could get a double tram from Alty direct and back to the Etihad. Now we are left with singles :(
It’s all downhill from central park tbf, honestly takes me about 20-25m tops, especially with the shortcut through the cemetery

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.