Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

That is truly amazing and would not have happened without us. Ickle old City, transforming iconic cities across the planet. :-)
Smart lad is our young Sheikh.

Buys bargain land in run down but historic locations of iconic city’s.

Builds a fit for purpose stadium for the local team and surrounds it with affordable housing,retail,commercial and public realm developments, all of which is supported and promoted by the city fathers.

Progressive investment into the football team supported by top class management creates self sustaining success and financial stability.

It’ll never catch on over here !!

I don't think the away section at Spuds is anything at all to write home about. I've had the food there and it is expensive and crap. There is little room to stand where you can put your food or drink down just like almost every other concourse I've been on. Might be ok for home fans but not away. And it's not a new ground, it's in exactly the same spot as before but with four new stands.

@jrb this is what both Milan teams are going to be building, when they talk about the new stadium they advise it is not just a stadium it's a district that needs to attract visitors not just on a matchday but 24 hours a day 365 days a year to bring income into the club. The stadium and the district were designed by Populous. Man City seem to be going down the same route with the events arena and having other sports headquarters based there.

In the 2021 Chairman's video, he talks about the new area as well 17.00 minutes into the video

I don't think the away section at Spuds is anything at all to write home about. I've had the food there and it is expensive and crap. There is little room to stand where you can put your food or drink down just like almost every other concourse I've been on. Might be ok for home fans but not away. And it's not a new ground, it's in exactly the same spot as before but with four new stands.

I agree with the away section being poor, but you're mistaken on the rest.

The new stadium was built next to the old one, for the last season at the old WHL, one of the stands was closed as it ran next to the new build. It's not just 4 new stands it was a completely new build

... this is what both Milan teams are going to be building, when they talk about the new stadium they advise it is not just a stadium it's a district that needs to attract visitors not just on a matchday but 24 hours a day 365 days a year to bring income into the club. The stadium and the district were designed by Populous. Man City seem to be going down the same route with the events arena and having other sports headquarters based there.
We don't "seem" to be doing this, that has always been the plan from the very start.

Haha

I agree with the away section being poor, but you're mistaken on the rest.

The new stadium was built next to the old one, for the last season at the old WHL, one of the stands was closed as it ran next to the new build. It's not just 4 new stands it was a completely new build

Like Triggers brush, as someone previously put on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.