Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I can see it tomorrow. Pep’s new contract unveiling.

Masour, Khaldoon & Pep all stood in-front of a model of the expanded Etihad, expanded 2 tier North Stand, a stand alone Hotel, Museum, covered City Square Plaza, leading to Joe Mercer Way and the the Co-op Live arena.

Masour, Khaldoon & Pep all stood in-front of a model of the expanded Etihad, expanded 2 tier North Stand, a stand alone Hotel, Museum, covered City Square Plaza, leading to Joe Mercer Way and the the Co-op Live arena.
@jrb hopefully the club does something in the next four weeks

Is there a significance to the next 4 weeks out of interest? Genuinely excited about this and the potential for the future.

The whole experience of attending games could be so much better:

It's all been mentioned before but my top 6 thoughts / wants if i may:
  1. Proper City Home End or Side. Ideally the 2 tier approach if NS, expanding to circa 61/62k. Seeing Chelsea and now Liverpool get the whole third tier above our hardcore in SS1 was criminal.
  2. Extension encompassing the fanzone area. Winter games will be much more appealing to the masses and encourages early travel if possible to get involved in the build up. Decent food and beer too.
  3. The aesthetic wrap around the ground along the long term plans for the East and Colin Bell stands. That concrete is looking a little tired. It might not be considered the best ground, but lets aim for it.
  4. Museum / Hotel all sound good, but i'm more interested in the matchday experience as a local.
  5. TRANSPORT - i drive now but would love to jump on a more frequent, regular tram that goes direct to the ground (From Alti) Something has to be in the pipeline if you've got another 23k people attending a gig at the Co-op same day. I know, i am dreaming.
  6. Stick a bloody roof on it eventually, tired of getting pissed on.
I am refreshing this page daily with anticipation.......

Chatting to somebody quite well informed on metrolink service the other day. he told me they aren’t a profitable business and finding it hard to improve the general service. Also in terms of upping the amount of trams will be hard as they need to order more but issues getting hold of any in next 2-3 years. Electric bus, park and ride and improved walking paths etc it is then!

Is there a significance to the next 4 weeks out of interest? Genuinely excited about this and the potential for the future.

The whole experience of attending games could be so much better:

It's all been mentioned before but my top 6 thoughts / wants if i may:
  1. Proper City Home End or Side. Ideally the 2 tier approach if NS, expanding to circa 61/62k. Seeing Chelsea and now Liverpool get the whole third tier above our hardcore in SS1 was criminal.
  2. Extension encompassing the fanzone area. Winter games will be much more appealing to the masses and encourages early travel if possible to get involved in the build up. Decent food and beer too.
  3. The aesthetic wrap around the ground along the long term plans for the East and Colin Bell stands. That concrete is looking a little tired. It might not be considered the best ground, but lets aim for it.
  4. Museum / Hotel all sound good, but i'm more interested in the matchday experience as a local.
  5. TRANSPORT - i drive now but would love to jump on a more frequent, regular tram that goes direct to the ground (From Alti) Something has to be in the pipeline if you've got another 23k people attending a gig at the Co-op same day. I know, i am dreaming.
  6. Stick a bloody roof on it eventually, tired of getting pissed on.
I am refreshing this page daily with anticipation.......
@LeroyChickenSane good points, there are a fair few people who will agree with you and some who don't. Hopefully, something will happen @jrb is hopefully as well. There are a lot of people on this thread with connections inside the club and contractors also who are posting information.

Not quite Nostradamus but you got the first bit right.

I don't think the away section at Spuds is anything at all to write home about. I've had the food there and it is expensive and crap. There is little room to stand where you can put your food or drink down just like almost every other concourse I've been on. Might be ok for home fans but not away. And it's not a new ground, it's in exactly the same spot as before but with four new stands.
Almost the same spot

98F4D402-E1E6-42FC-9C3A-2E2CE0D9C169.jpeg

Chatting to somebody quite well informed on metrolink service the other day. he told me they aren’t a profitable business and finding it hard to improve the general service. Also in terms of upping the amount of trams will be hard as they need to order more but issues getting hold of any in next 2-3 years. Electric bus, park and ride and improved walking paths etc it is then!
It's a joke that they're trying to run it as a profitable business anyway.

It's public transport. Their core goal should be to offer an affordable means of traveling around Manchester. Profit shouldn't even come into it!

At the moment they don't make any money and don't offer a good service either. Needs overhauling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.