Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

True I guess we also have more onsite accommodation as well think they do have a mini stadium but its, like 400 seats ours is few thousand

the Money for the sports institute leisure and education facilities are extra right
Their 'stadium' is more akin to our indoor pitch (although ours is presumably fake grass?).

The land for the Beswick Hub(18 acres?) and the 6th Form College across the road were given free of charge to the Council. The Council would have paid for the building I think.

Leicester s training ground on Google Maps, it's over 11 miles from the ground, out in the sticks.

No mini stadium and the indoor training hall is no where near as big or high as the CFA, which has temperature control that can reduce to below zero, along with the costs of remediation, former chemical works, I guess why CFA was more expensive.
Leicester’s looks impressive much like others that have opened recently,
seem to have copied some of the features of CFA I’ve no doubt that they consulted City much like we with other clubs and sports did before finalising our plans
Did we pay for the remediation? I thought there was an EU fund to cover that which we claimed for but I’m not certain and happy to be corrected.

Took this video today, looks like ground work is progressing.

Thanks, Failsworthblueboy. (saved me a job, and a possible £200 fine)

Posted your video and a couple of screen grabs on the COOP Live Arena thread, SSC, MCR.

Hope you don't mind?

Credit given.

My dad was head analytical chemist at the works where the CFA is now.
I used to tell him, at least it is now something more useful.

I recall the amount of contaminated earth to remove was huge and costly, and also necessary. My dad developed cancer as a result of the chemicals, but as they knew it may happen it was found early and he recovered.

Did we pay for the remediation? I thought there was an EU fund to cover that which we claimed for but I’m not certain and happy to be corrected.
I thought we'd paid for it but a quick search only brings up the land next to the South Stand where a couple of mine shafts were plugged. We did apply for grants for them apparently.

Reactions: nmc
Thanks, Failsworthblueboy. (saved me a job, and a possible £200 fine)

Posted your video and a couple of screen grabs on the COOP Live Arena thread, SSC, MCR.

Hope you don't mind?

Credit given.

Your welcome mate, don’t mind at all.

Apart from this link below is anyone aware of any other online sources for the original construction of CoMS - Lads looking for details for a UNI project, TIA

Designing the City of Manchester Stadium
You could try the LA planning portal. there should be quite a lot on there, although it likely to be mainly drawings sections for the civils, structural works? However, all the SI, contamination assessments, remediation and verification reports should be on there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.