Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

posting
Free matchday travel as long as you have a matchday ticket works in Germany, so why can't it work here?

Why doesn't one club, the council, and the local transport authoritystep forward and at least trial it? (here in Manchester)

Found this if anyone is interested? A long read, but you can skip parts of it. Not read it yet. Click on the link below.

View attachment 27951

Posting from Germany, over for 7 days and both in Dresden and Koblenz on arrival at your hotel a local travel pass is given to you , all local transport is free for the days that your in the area. Sorry but the UK is shit for public transport.

Surely everyone expects a walk of 10-15 mins to get to a transport hub. Most grounds in the country were a good walk from the station, and now its worse as loads are out of town. Are we just whinging because weve become entitled.

Surely everyone expects a walk of 10-15 mins to get to a transport hub. Most grounds in the country were a good walk from the station, and now its worse as loads are out of town. Are we just whinging because weve become entitled.

i think it’s the other way round. I think the clubs have become entitled.

the “loyal” supporters will get here come what May with whatever inconvenience And so long as enough do who gives a fuck.

this has been going on years at the etihad with no solution. Getting there isn’t that bad because people stagger to the ground over a couple of hours so it’s spread but mainly 50k all wanting to get out of a ground and home at the same time doesn’t work.

I don’t think it’s entitled to want to try and get home after a mid week game so my son can get some sleep before school. It’s so bad we have ditched our season tickets . We only live in altrincham but getting home is a nightmare especially mid week.

we have tried but can’t be arsed Anymore. We walk to alty now and watch that and watch city on the box like many other fans . Given the growth in crowd sizes at alty over the last couple of years many fans of the big clubs are feeling the same way.

There are 2 sides (roads) out of the Etihad. The other 2 sides of the Etihad are blocked off by a canal, a tram track, and 2 redundant gas tanks. In essence 50,000 fans are funneling out ofthe ground in 2 directions, minus those fans walking back into town along the canal or catching the tram.

At MR there were 4 sides to leave the ground, bar having to walk through entries.(and dog sh*t)

The roads and public transport can't cope with that amount of people leaving the Etihad straight after the match.
nailed it. the situation has been discussed, debated, reviewed ad nauseum,imo, but the geography has not changed, nor will it
The metro is an easy target, but was never intended to be a "train service", more a shopper/commuter bus alternative.
Park and ride with priority lanes maybe, cinemas showing live games , City TV [under new management obvs] or a combination of them, but the most likely route is the standard one for the UK. " DO F'CK ALL, IT MIGHT GO AWAY".....

i think it’s the other way round. I think the clubs have become entitled.

the “loyal” supporters will get here come what May with whatever inconvenience And so long as enough do who gives a fuck.

this has been going on years at the etihad with no solution. Getting there isn’t that bad because people stagger to the ground over a couple of hours so it’s spread but mainly 50k all wanting to get out of a ground and home at the same time doesn’t work.

I don’t think it’s entitled to want to try and get home after a mid week game so my son can get some sleep before school. It’s so bad we have ditched our season tickets . We only live in altrincham but getting home is a nightmare especially mid week.

we have tried but can’t be arsed Anymore. We walk to alty now and watch that and watch city on the box like many other fans . Given the growth in crowd sizes at alty over the last couple of years many fans of the big clubs are feeling the same way.
Suppose you bump into Anthony 'Alty' Taylor most times.

I travel 58 .4 miles each way. Never experience access as any worse than any other grounds. I get home very late from night games.
Home attendances have increased since the move from Maine Rd. 54000, compared to 30000,
If A travel disruption is the winner over watching this team, then so be it. Can't blame the club for every blemish.

posting

Posting from Germany, over for 7 days and both in Dresden and Koblenz on arrival at your hotel a local travel pass is given to you , all local transport is free for the days that your in the area. Sorry but the UK is shit for public transport.
UK is shit for more than just the transport,I bet all drivers nurses fruit pickers all glad they went back home after all the Brexit shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.