Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

How's the beer in Summerbees? Had a couple in EL3 first game of the season and there was a terrible metallic aftertaste. Like you, I normally hang back and enjoy a pint or two then walk down for the Tram, but if the beer is rubbish may need a new routine.
Same after taste. I think it's the new recyclable cups. Too big a price for saving the planet. We usually do the same but have been walking back in to town instead

Surely everyone expects a walk of 10-15 mins to get to a transport hub. Most grounds in the country were a good walk from the station, and now its worse as loads are out of town. Are we just whinging because weve become entitled.
I've been to Spuds, Leicester, Chelsea and Liverpool this season. Its exactly the same to get away from their grounds as ours.

Same after taste. I think it's the new recyclable cups. Too big a price for saving the planet. We usually do the same but have been walking back in to town instead

Thanks, you've made my mind up, no point hanging around after the game anymore if the beer tastes like garbage, rather take 25 mins to walk back into town and pick a tram up to Alty from Piccadilly. Or for a weeknight game, watch it on BT Sport instead.

Wonder if City Matters have taken this up with the club (is the club even aware of the cups issue? Tells me they did not test this tech before rolling it out)

Surely everyone expects a walk of 10-15 mins to get to a transport hub. Most grounds in the country were a good walk from the station, and now its worse as loads are out of town. Are we just whinging because weve become entitled.
It’s a bit more than 10-15 minutes and a bit more than my legs are happy with these days tbh.

Old Trafford too is shite to get away from. Been delayed an hour a number of times getting away through Salford or Stretford.
It is very easy if you park on the Chorlton side. Don't know where you live. But I always get a flier from there and I go back to Central Lancashire. Much faster than the Etihad. I park in the King's Road, Longford Park area, just outside the residents parking zone. You can usually get a pint in the Quadrant (with a few Blues) as well.

Last edited:
Liverpool away was a nightmare. I parked up near Liverpool Academy North and it was worse than getting away from The Etihad.
If you were on a Coach you had to walk across Stanley Park, the Police were running around like the Kestone cops, just needed the Benny Hill music :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.