Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Tbh I don't rate the idea of a one-tier north stand 'kop style' expansion at all. It would look strange for the design of the ground and I honestly don't believe the one-tier stand makes any difference in improving atmosphere *in english football; see Tottenham (their atmosphere is shite and most of their kop-style stand sits down lol)

people need to realise atmosphere is about the people who fill an area and has nothing to do with any safe standing areas (where people already stand anyway e.g the south stand) or "favourable stadium designs".

If you want a simple solution to ensure atmosphere is up there with the best in the UK, designate unallocated allocation areas with cheap pay on the day tickets (no season tickets) with a big push for younger local blues to take these tickets up and the place would be rocking...

unfortunately, a lot of people and especially the clubs don't see/want this and so it will never happen without a drastic change of mindset in the UK.

Tbh I don't rate the idea of a one-tier north stand 'kop style' expansion at all. It would look strange for the design of the ground and I honestly don't believe the one-tier stand makes any difference in improving atmosphere *in english football; see Tottenham (their atmosphere is shite and most of their kop-style stand sits down lol)

people need to realise atmosphere is about the people who fill an area and has nothing to do with any safe standing areas (where people already stand anyway e.g the south stand) or "favourable stadium designs".

If you want a simple solution to ensure atmosphere is up there with the best in the UK, designate unallocated allocation areas with cheap pay on the day tickets (no season tickets) with a big push for younger local blues to take these tickets up and the place would be rocking...

unfortunately, a lot of people and especially the clubs don't see/want this and so it will never happen without a drastic change of mindset in the UK.
Spurs v Arsenal last season was the best atmosphere in English football for years.

It's absolutely disgraceful what they've done there without any consultation and I don't see it improving any time soon. Yet they've renovated the south stand concourse area so those that are paying half the price will be getting a much better experience.
Oh FFS - do you just go to watch the best team in Europe so you can find something to complain about? Try going to the swamp.

That’s where I am in 242. The concourse, or lack of, is truly awful. An overcrowded bottleneck.
Think it was busier than normal because loads of people were just standing around to get out of the blistering heat.

I don't mind the club renovating the South Stand concourse just making the point that it seems unfair that other parts of the stadium have had their bars and entertainment taken away with no prior warning. If you'd seen the scenes at 241/242 today you'd understand what I mean. Shambles doesn't even come close to describing it.
Totally agree,
Thanks for your insights JRB, I can only reinforce the concerns above in regard to 241/242. We sit in 201 where the concessions have been removed to facilitate a corporate bar, which means that the nearest bar and food are from 241 and further away behind the goal. My personal experience was that I queued for 35 minutes from 2.15 onwards. Finally it was obvious we would not get served with either drink or food. I do know Danny quite well and I will be transmitting this to him, any others who had problems, there were a lot, please let me know and I can reflect their views.
totally agree, we also sit in 201 and now find the once opened concourse now turned into a corridor. No point trying to get a drink in the ground as the queues are slow moving as there is not much room on the concourse. Not got a issue with the staff as there still trying to poor pints from pumps that take to long to dispense beer. Most modern stadium have fast dispensing pumps, whilst we’re still using the technology from Maine Road
Going back to the Gary Cook era at the club we got an email to advise that our season tickets would be going up more than the usual seats as 201 was suddenly in a more prime location, but they would up grade the concourse so you had access to better facilities. All we’ve had is a padded seat in the last 10 years and all the time the catering facilities have been going down hill.
I pay around £50 a game based on my annual season ticket but if you decide to get a ticket in the same block as me you can pay £128 per game or £400 for the derby and have access to KITS Lounge according to the website where you do get 1 free pint and a soft drink at half time.
I understand from one of the lads who sits nearby that the club want to make the block full corporate and if you don’t want to pay the extra then you wont be able to retain your seat next season.
Now I understand why I got a number of texts from the club last week to see if I wanted to sell my ticket, I assume this will be on the basis they can pay me £50 but sell the ticket as corporate for £250 for the spurs game. This appears to be the clubs version of Ticketmaster reselling tickets on another platform for extortionate prices.
All this means with the exception of a night time game, I’ll just drink in the city centre and get to the ground before kick off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.