Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

I wasn't actually aware of how large the land was behind the East Stand. It's only from the aerial shots that you actually appreciate that there is such a large scope to build something, or numerous things on that site. The photo looking towards the bottom of Mercer Way also shows the land available at the bottom where the Tennis and Squash Center is housed.

When that gets moved to the Grey Mare Lane site I'd hazard a guess a Hotel would go up there. Prime canal views and all that ;)

Obviously this is a very large thread to be going through, but has anyone even touched upon the fact that the stadium is not ours to expand?

As far as I am aware, we haven't purchased it from the M.C.C and it remains the Council House...OUR Council House and the home of the Champions.

The lease is for what 100 years, at a couple of million measly quid a year out of pocket to the owners? Someone/some people somewhere on here at some point (narrows that down) noted that it would be of no financial gain or interest for us to actually by the stadium outright, however we would surely have to do so before even being legally able to build even a chimney on top of the Etihad.

Am I way off Blues?

whothefisAlice said:
Obviously this is a very large thread to be going through, but has anyone even touched upon the fact that the stadium is not ours to expand?

As far as I am aware, we haven't purchased it from the M.C.C and it remains the Council House...OUR Council House and the home of the Champions.

The lease is for what 100 years, at a couple of million measly quid a year out of pocket to the owners? Someone/some people somewhere on here at some point (narrows that down) noted that it would be of no financial gain or interest for us to actually by the stadium outright, however we would surely have to do so before even being legally able to build even a chimney on top of the Etihad.

Am I way off Blues?

The lease is 250 years, not 100, and we pay £3m not £2m, but otherwise you are broadly correct. I may be wrong on this but I'm pretty sure that not only is it not necessarily financially advisable for us to upgrade, but the City Council don't actually want us to upgrade either, for reasons that I think are mostly money-related. That said, they're even more hostile to the idea of us making our own fully-owned stadium, for reasons which should be obvious.

Falastur said:
whothefisAlice said:

Am I way off Blues?

The lease is 250 years, not 100, and we pay £3m not £2m, but otherwise you are broadly correct. I may be wrong on this but I'm pretty sure that not only is it not necessarily financially advisable for us to upgrade, but the City Council don't actually want us to upgrade either, for reasons that I think are mostly money-related. That said, they're even more hostile to the idea of us making our own fully-owned stadium, for reasons which should be obvious.

The Sheikh should demand the Rags pay us our back fees in rent from 60 years ago, or we'll buy their club, sell all but one or two of their players sending the rest to 3rd division Albanian clubs, and then burn the Swamp to the fuckin ground.

The money from that would more than cover any necessary financial issues!

Falastur said:
whothefisAlice said:

Am I way off Blues?

I'm sorry but i don't understand your reasoning on this. Why is it not financially advisable to upgrade? Why should the council be hostile to us building our own stadium?

Jordie said:
Falastur said:
whothefisAlice said:

Am I way off Blues?

I'm sorry but i don't understand your reasoning on this. Why is it not financially advisable to upgrade? Why should the council be hostile to us building our own stadium?

My first thought is how much would it cost to upgrade? £100m?
Increase in seats 10,000
Increase in income say 10,000 x £500 (estimated average kids/adults) £5m
Less seats loss during rebuild time.
Yes, there are lots of other factors which mean increased match day income but I think £100m build cost is probably far too low. 20 years to recoup?

As regards the council?
they would lose £3m income per year.

All basic thoughts and no expertise.

The owners would not have signed a 250 year lease if there were any plans to build a new stadium.I think if there is anyway of increasing the present stadium by 5000-10000 in close season that is what they will be considering.
Im no expert but would it be possible to make the 2 ends sinlgle tier and would this add to capacity.
danebanksheik said:
Jordie said:
Falastur said:

Increase in seats 10,000
Yes, there are lots of other factors which mean increased match day income but I think £100m build cost is probably far too low. 20 years to recoup?

As regards the council?

danebanksheik said:
Increase in seats 10,000

As regards the council?

You are forgetting FFP. That could the main constraining factor for City. The revenue generated will count towards FFP while the costs incurred will not.

Fail to expand and ticket prices will inevitably increase and seats will be lost to corporate hospitality as that will be the only way to increase match day income. This will end up with a situation when ticket prices reach Chelsea levels and a whole generation have been frozen out either by not being able to afford tickets or cannot obtain one anyway.

Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

danebanksheik said:
Jordie said:
Falastur said:

Increase in seats 10,000

As regards the council?

I think you're way off beam. The council appear to be falling over themselves to accommodate adug in any way they want for the blindingly obvious reason that they bring major wealth and investment to the City.

blueparrot said:
The owners would not have signed a 250 year lease if there were any plans to build a new stadium.I think if there is anyway of increasing the present stadium by 5000-10000 in close season that is what they will be considering.
Im no expert but would it be possible to make the 2 ends sinlgle tier and would this add to capacity.
danebanksheik said:
Jordie said:
I'm sorry but i don't understand your reasoning on this. Why is it not financially advisable to upgrade? Why should the council be hostile to us building our own stadium?[/quo te] surely the lease was signed before the takeover.it was just renegotiated ie 3m

Increase in seats 10,000

As regards the council?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.