Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

Didsbury Dave said:
danebanksheik said:
Jordie said:
I'm sorry but i don't understand your reasoning on this. Why is it not financially advisable to upgrade? Why should the council be hostile to us building our own stadium?

My first thought is how much would it cost to upgrade? £100m?
Increase in seats 10,000
Increase in income say 10,000 x £500 (estimated average kids/adults) £5m
Less seats loss during rebuild time.
Yes, there are lots of other factors which mean increased match day income but I think £100m build cost is probably far too low. 20 years to recoup?

As regards the council?
they would lose £3m income per year.

All basic thoughts and no expertise.
I think you're way off beam. The council appear to be falling over themselves to accommodate adug in any way they want for the blindingly obvious reason that they bring major wealth and investment to the City.
That is my thinking exactly Dave.

probably been asked a thousand times now but does anyone know when this is estimated to be finished by?

Not entirely relevant but here is the model of how the stadium would look as an 80,000 seater stadium. This was the original plan of the Commonwealth games stadium before it got rejected to the current 48,000 we have now. The stadium would have been a larger design of CoMS, with more access ramps and masts.

Manchester_Olympic_bid_2000.jpg

adzmcfc134 said:
Not entirely relevant but here is the model of how the stadium would look as an 80,000 seater stadium. This was the original plan of the Commonwealth games stadium before it got rejected to the current 48,000 we have now. The stadium would have been a larger design of CoMS, with more access ramps and masts.

Manchester_Olympic_bid_2000.jpg

If only.

If City wanted to expand COMS there wouldn't be a problem.

Obviously City would have to involve/consult with MCC and Sport England as the stadium is still under the terms of the lease agreenment, but neither would object. Certanly not MCC.

If City added another tier to the North and South stands that would increase the capacity by at least 10,000. It would also give them an opportunity to add much larger corporate facilities at both ends of the stadium, which they are desperate to do to increase revenue.

I'm not an architect or engineer, but I'm sure the lower tiers could be kept open on match days while redevelopment work is carried out on both stands. I stand corrected on that point. Wasn't that the case when the new Kippax Stand was built at Maine Road?

Indeed it was.(just found this pic)

images

JGL07 said:
danebanksheik said:
Increase in seats 10,000
Yes, there are lots of other factors which mean increased match day income but I think £100m build cost is probably far too low. 20 years to recoup?

As regards the council?

You are forgetting FFP. That could the main constraining factor for City. The revenue generated will count towards FFP while the costs incurred will not.

Fail to expand and ticket prices will inevitably increase and seats will be lost to corporate hospitality as that will be the only way to increase match day income. This will end up with a situation when ticket prices reach Chelsea levels and a whole generation have been frozen out either by not being able to afford tickets or cannot obtain one anyway.
I was not forgetting FFP. The question was why is it not financially advisable to upgrade. I fully understand that the costs of upgrading are exempt from FFP but the money still has to come out of their bank account irrespective of how it gets accounted for.

danebanksheik said:
JGL07 said:
danebanksheik said:
Increase in seats 10,000

As regards the council?

You are forgetting FFP. That could the main constraining factor for City. The revenue generated will count towards FFP while the costs incurred will not.

Fail to expand and ticket prices will inevitably increase and seats will be lost to corporate hospitality as that will be the only way to increase match day income. This will end up with a situation when ticket prices reach Chelsea levels and a whole generation have been frozen out either by not being able to afford tickets or cannot obtain one anyway.
I was not forgetting FFP. The question was why is it not financially advisable to upgrade. I fully understand that the costs of upgrading are exempt from FFP but the money still has to come out of their bank account irrespective of how it gets accounted for.

we are the best advertisement for Abu Dhabi, they will want to expand no matter the immediate return on investment. They are in it for the long term, it will happen at some point.

jonmcity said:
danebanksheik said:
JGL07 said:

we are the best advertisement for Abu Dhabi, they will want to expand no matter the immediate return on investment. They are in it for the long term, it will happen at some point.
I do not disagree that they are in it for the long term but I dont see how having an extra 10 or 20k in the stadium is going to advertise Abu Dhabi more. The success is what they want seen around the world and what they have got for their investment so far. So in answer to the question I stand by my answer but would love it if they do decide to do the unadvisable.

This need to build bigger and reap more revenue is why I hate the ffp concept. What is wrong with us playing in a full stadium?

danebanksheik said:
jonmcity said:
danebanksheik said:

I do not disagree that they are in it for the long term but I dont see how having an extra 10 or 20k in the stadium is going to advertise Abu Dhabi more. The success is what they want seen around the world and what they have got for their investment so far. So in answer to the question I stand by my answer but would love it if they do decide to do the unadvisable.
the extra revenue from a bigger stadium helps towards sustained success which will be the best advertisement abu dabi can get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.