Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

TonyM said:
This need to build bigger and reap more revenue is why I hate the ffp concept. What is wrong with us playing in a full stadium?
why cant we have a bigger stadium and fill it as well

look at united before they won prem in 93 they were getting crowds of 35k-45k depending on who they were playing
they began to win trophies a lot more regularly and began selling out every week and steadidly increasing stadium from 45k-54k-67k to now 77k which they more or less sell out
I know loads of blues who want to get season tickets who in the past have picked and chose what games they went to due to circumstances ranging from money to actual product on the pitch not being good enough
also personally I'd like a bigger stadium as I'd like to take my soon to be born son to the etihad and for him to have a season ticket next to mine Im sure i'm not the only person in this situation

"If you build it they will come "

whothefisAlice said:
Obviously this is a very large thread to be going through, but has anyone even touched upon the fact that the stadium is not ours to expand?

As far as I am aware, we haven't purchased it from the M.C.C and it remains the Council House...OUR Council House and the home of the Champions.

The lease is for what 100 years, at a couple of million measly quid a year out of pocket to the owners? Someone/some people somewhere on here at some point (narrows that down) noted that it would be of no financial gain or interest for us to actually by the stadium outright, however we would surely have to do so before even being legally able to build even a chimney on top of the Etihad.

Am I way off Blues?

We wanted to buy the stadium off the council, however, the money would go straight to central government and not MCC. Our owners want to keep everything in Mcr. Fair play I say

jrb said:
If City wanted to expand COMS there wouldn't be a problem.

Obviously City would have to involve/consult with MCC and Sport England as the stadium is still under the terms of the lease agreenment, but neither would object. Certanly not MCC.

If City added another tier to the North and South stands that would increase the capacity by at least 10,000. It would also give them an opportunity to add much larger corporate facilities at both ends of the stadium, which they are desperate to do to increase revenue.

I'm not an architect or engineer, but I'm sure the lower tiers could be kept open on match days while redevelopment work is carried out on both stands. I stand corrected on that point. Wasn't that the case when the new Kippax Stand was built at Maine Road?

Indeed it was.(just found this pic)

images

Read back in this tread and the Vegas thread to see why in detail its not feasible to just extend the ends due to the roof design Its a mono-structure<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:41 pm --<br /><br />
adzmcfc134 said:
Not entirely relevant but here is the model of how the stadium would look as an 80,000 seater stadium. This was the original plan of the Commonwealth games stadium before it got rejected to the current 48,000 we have now. The stadium would have been a larger design of CoMS, with more access ramps and masts.

Manchester_Olympic_bid_2000.jpg

This is a totally different design

blueparrot said:
The owners would not have signed a 250 year lease if there were any plans to build a new stadium.I think if there is anyway of increasing the present stadium by 5000-10000 in close season that is what they will be considering.
Im no expert but would it be possible to make the 2 ends sinlgle tier and would this add to capacity.
danebanksheik said:
Jordie said:
I'm sorry but i don't understand your reasoning on this. Why is it not financially advisable to upgrade? Why should the council be hostile to us building our own stadium?

My first thought is how much would it cost to upgrade? £100m?
Increase in seats 10,000
Increase in income say 10,000 x £500 (estimated average kids/adults) £5m
Less seats loss during rebuild time.
Yes, there are lots of other factors which mean increased match day income but I think £100m build cost is probably far too low. 20 years to recoup?

As regards the council?
they would lose £3m income per year.

All basic thoughts and no expertise.

The owner didn't sign the lease it was signed by the Bernstein so it was inherited

kramer said:
jrb said:
If City wanted to expand COMS there wouldn't be a problem.

Obviously City would have to involve/consult with MCC and Sport England as the stadium is still under the terms of the lease agreenment, but neither would object. Certanly not MCC.

If City added another tier to the North and South stands that would increase the capacity by at least 10,000. It would also give them an opportunity to add much larger corporate facilities at both ends of the stadium, which they are desperate to do to increase revenue.

I'm not an architect or engineer, but I'm sure the lower tiers could be kept open on match days while redevelopment work is carried out on both stands. I stand corrected on that point. Wasn't that the case when the new Kippax Stand was built at Maine Road?

Indeed it was.(just found this pic)

images

Read back in this tread and the Vegas thread to see why in detail its not feasible to just extend the ends due to the roof design Its a mono-structure

-- Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:41 pm --

adzmcfc134 said:
Not entirely relevant but here is the model of how the stadium would look as an 80,000 seater stadium. This was the original plan of the Commonwealth games stadium before it got rejected to the current 48,000 we have now. The stadium would have been a larger design of CoMS, with more access ramps and masts.

Manchester_Olympic_bid_2000.jpg

This is a totally different design

I'll say it, but I'm probably wrong. I'm sure the roof can be dismanteled at each end of the stadium, and can then be reconstucted once again above the new larger ends and alongside the remaining roof. Then again.

If i've said it once, i'll say it again;

"Better to have, and not need, than need, and not have."

kramer said:
blueparrot said:
The owners would not have signed a 250 year lease if there were any plans to build a new stadium.I think if there is anyway of increasing the present stadium by 5000-10000 in close season that is what they will be considering.
Im no expert but would it be possible to make the 2 ends sinlgle tier and would this add to capacity.
danebanksheik said:
My first thought is how much would it cost to upgrade? £100m?
Increase in seats 10,000
Increase in income say 10,000 x £500 (estimated average kids/adults) £5m
Less seats loss during rebuild time.
Yes, there are lots of other factors which mean increased match day income but I think £100m build cost is probably far too low. 20 years to recoup?

As regards the council?
they would lose £3m income per year.

All basic thoughts and no expertise.

The owner didn't sign the lease it was signed by the Bernstein so it was inherited

Didn't the owner agree a new deal not to long ago? It changed from a percentage of gate income to a set fee.

Mëtal Bikër said:
If i've said it once, i'll say it again;

"Better to have, and not need, than need, and not have."

Works in certain circumstances and makes bugger all sense in others. I don't want my kid to have lots of stuff he doesn't need just because he wanrs them.

If Chavski can blow another 40m on Modric then FFP is dead in the water anyway. 200m in 18 months is clearly flouting the rules so I would expect a major legal challenge from one party or another. We can´t just sit back and try to comply whilst others are taking the piss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.