Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

toffee balls said:
toffee balls said:
This is frustrating but I will try once more.

Disco Steve's section is like a slice of cake taken right through the centreline of the the stadium right through the centre spot ( family stand through to the south stand ).
Imagine cutting the stadium in two long ways and then prising it open and that is what the longitudinal section shows.

Don't appreciate the zzzzs

It doesn't matter whether the cross section is taken near the touch line or through the penalty spot , the view is the same.
Look as DS's plan , the green area of seats stays consistent , corner flag to corner flag as the stadia seating are on the same plane.
The roof however drops at the eaves to its lowest point right along the middle axis.

We will find out soon enough but it does feel like Xmas day when I was 17.
Still relished it but a bit underwhelmed.

The last 5 years since 01/09/08 , every day felt like I was a 9 year old again.
But the plans we have heard are to extend behind the goals. What we have seen just refers to the corners? I think there's more to it

Marvin said:
But the plans we have heard are to extend behind the goals. What we have seen just refers to the corners? I think there's more to it

NOT in this diagram it doesn't... Note the GREEN seats wrapping all the way around BEHIND THE GOAL.

[bigimg]http://stevenicklin.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/COMS55NSPlan~0.jpg[/bigimg]

jrb said:
blingy said:
Funny reading all this " this is that stand " no it's another " it's all top secret ""

Mentioned yesterday that I was on he stadium tour with the tour guide being at city for over 30 years...

I asked If he could let lose any secrets about the stadium expansion reply " no secrets to be told and we will talk about it shortly " then proceeded to talk about the area the academy, then the expansion openly and knowledgeably his words " 6 thousand seats in the south then if sell well six thousand in the north" roof will be lifted straight up " (not removed) on the existing cables, no extra turrets,,, this is common knowledge around the staff there as my my colleagues who was on the tour after me with a separate group got the same from a different guide ..

The porta cabin to be ready and open in 3/4 days

No big conspiracy or build, seems simple roof lift, build on existing structure
Hay I'm no architect but seems the most simple, and I'd be prepared to back the tour guide against any of the fancyfull ideas some of the architect types on here have come up with..

It keeps us going as the long Winter months are starting to draw in. :-)

Do t get me wrong this is one of my fave places on B/m.
Followed it from the Vegas thread, and enjoy your pics of the developing site..

Just to see all you knowledgable folk who have knowledge of the building game one way or other arguing within about what has to happen for this and what needs to happened for that, dose seem a little like christmas as been pointed out already, the closer it gets the more exited y'all getting..
Well I hope you all get what you wish for ... And can't wait for them to start teasing about the land for entertainment and hotel (is it collier site You's call it)...

Btw On The tour there was a picture /mock up of the training site, the bridge didn't have any arch things on it, was just prity plain bridge... Has the bridge designs changed dose any if you know..

toffee balls said:
pirate said:
Armitage said:
Portacabin says 'Proposals' not proposal, does this mean that there could be more than 1 plan?

[bigimg]http://imageshack.us/a/img96/1273/lx03.jpg[/bigimg]

I reckon so
Well spotted .
Bit Isco threadish though

Rather than multiple options for expansion, it could just refer to the South Stand and Family Stand expansions as individual entities, which they are. It could be that the initial 6k seats is being done with the intentions of expansion in the future.

Neville Kneville said:
You are arguing about a picture on a portacabin ffs.

If it was a side view of the expansion, why the fuck would they show the whole stand? They would show the expanded bit in detail.

Wait for the plans.

Exactly.

With all due respect to toffee balls, there is absolutely no way this is going to be hashed as a 2500 seat extension slung from the supports. It will be a 6000 seat extension with, perhaps, extra supports in place in readiness for a more major build with the 4th tier in mind. Don't forget the more major project is likely to be the North Stand as all manner of things may be incorporated into the stand such as the shop etc to allow for an increased City Sq

blingy said:
Btw On The tour there was a picture /mock up of the training site, the bridge didn't have any arch things on it, was just prity plain bridge... Has the bridge designs changed dose any if you know..

From recollection the original bridge with the arch has been done away with and they are going with something more simple. Can't remember the reasoning around this as the bridge was going to be a main feature on the original plans.

Read the thread back 10 pages , look at jrb's photo of the detailed cross section , read Disco Steve's delight at his 2 year old butchering of the Ove Arup drawings which have proved to be incredibly accurate .

If the club have commisioned and architect to prepair a detailed section (and all the planning and 100's of man hours that entails) , have graphics reproduced on to a lovely new "look what's coming" information hoarding only to then declare that this was a complete red herring and we are virtually rebuilding the south stand , then fair do's to the club because I have been well and truly taken in.

Sorry if i come accross a bit bolshi and I hope the club show me to be a complete dick but construction is what I do and I get a bit ryled when people won't open their eyes and READ THE THREAD.

wv78ev.jpg

I'm not sure why everyone is arguing about which stand it is and wether the cross section goes through the penalty spot. It's clearly through the penalty spot, you can see the funnel for the rain water, there are two of these one at each end of the stadium and they are behind each goal. The view can only be of the South/East corner as there is no service tunnel. However the image is so similar to Disco Steve's mock ups that I suspect the graphic designer may have simply robbed the image off this very thread and it has nothing to do with the actual plans.

lyonfish said:
I'm not sure why everyone is arguing about which stand it is and wether the cross section goes through the penalty spot. It's clearly through the penalty spot, you can see the funnel for the rain water, there are two of these one at each end of the stadium and they are behind each goal. The view can only be of the South/East corner as there is no service tunnel. However the image is so similar to Disco Steve's mock ups that I suspect the graphic designer may have simply robbed the image off this very thread and it has nothing to do with the actual plans.

I hope you are right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.