Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
shadygiz said:
somapop said:
^^ Is that the under ground hot water 'thingy' GX?

geothermal

No mate. It is a central energy center producing electrical and thermal energy. The electrical energy feed the buildings and the thermal energy is distributed via underground pipes. Far more efficient than small individual boilers etc per building. I could go on but it would probably bore everyone

Don' want to sound like a moaning ungrateful bleeder after not agreeing with everyone over the look of the Manky Way Bridge but i was a little bemused to see the cladding on the training ground in Grey, the road's grey, the ground grey and half the yr the sky's grey...looks classy...like a white pvc front door.

nmc said:
somapop said:
^^ Cheers GX.

Just spotted the QPR plans on t'internet (quite a fair bit of regeneration there by the looks of it):

QPR announce plans for new 40,000-seater stadium at Old Oak

Queens Park Rangers have unveiled plans for a new stadium in north-west London.

The proposed 40,000-seat building in Old Oak will replace the club's current Loftus Road ground, in Shepherds Bush.

The stadium will be part of a regeneration of the area, which is provisionally called New Queens Park.

"Loftus Road is - and always will be - a special place for the club and our supporters, but we need more than an 18,000 capacity," QPR chairman Tony Fernandes said....

_71712342_qpr-image1.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25355950

The Times had 3 pages on this today - can't recall that level of coverage re our development.

I believe that area is likely to be where the new HG2 train station will be, hence the enormous investment in the area. It won't bear fruit for 15 years or so (if ever).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.