Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm struggling to see the actual Vinoly influence in anything so far made public?

His name has been appended to the MCFA and other work associated to MCFC but TBH its not on his site and there are, as far as I can tell no official references to his involvement on anything are there?

The stadium redesign certainly doesnt seem to have his name anywhere on it.

I am guessing that it is Arups who are architects on the expansion. Laing were chosen as contractor again because of the need to continue warranties for the concrete frame packages and watsons steel from phase 1. The city council were very much involved in this.

I will reiterate for those expecting expansion of east and west stands, it has not been established if it can be done easily. It's an option but very much an aspiration at this stage andsom vermy clever men who sussed out the roof first time round have yet to work it out!! Not saying it cant be done but its mega complicated!!

The original plan was to have two gables at each end on the outside but in the updated images the stands curve more into the east and west stands looking a bit more permanent. Again this was a council influence.

Can't wait to see the outside of our stadium look as good as the inside. The extra rows below the current pitch level will make a huge difference to the atmosphere. The outside looks relatively shit after just 10 years!! The cladding was is awful!!! We should note that this expansion is costing 90 million - almost the same as the cost of the original stadium!! Wow!!

worsleyweb said:
I am guessing that it is Arups who are architects on the expansion. Laing were chosen as contractor again because of the need to continue warranties for the concrete frame packages and watsons steel from phase 1. The city council were very much involved in this.

I will reiterate for those expecting expansion of east and west stands, it has not been established if it can be done easily. It's an option but very much an aspiration at this stage andsom vermy clever men who sussed out the roof first time round have yet to work it out!! Not saying it cant be done but its mega complicated!!

The original plan was to have two gables at each end on the outside but in the updated images the stands curve more into the east and west stands looking a bit more permanent. Again this was a council influence.

Can't wait to see the outside of our stadium look as good as the inside. The extra rows below the current pitch level will make a huge difference to the atmosphere. The outside looks relatively shit after just 10 years!! The cladding was is awful!!! We should note that this expansion is costing 90 million - almost the same as the cost of the original stadium!! Wow!!

Laing are very much MCC's incumbent contractor following the Town Hall expansion project. From what I have heard they should also be getting the district heating scheme for the City Centre as well. This could potentially be linked to the scheme proposed for The Campus as well as numerous other schemes around the city. All very much in the future but could offer substantial energy savings for the city as well as enhancing MCC's environmental commitments.

^^ Cheers GX.

Just spotted the QPR plans on t'internet (quite a fair bit of regeneration there by the looks of it):

QPR announce plans for new 40,000-seater stadium at Old Oak

Queens Park Rangers have unveiled plans for a new stadium in north-west London.

The proposed 40,000-seat building in Old Oak will replace the club's current Loftus Road ground, in Shepherds Bush.

The stadium will be part of a regeneration of the area, which is provisionally called New Queens Park.

"Loftus Road is - and always will be - a special place for the club and our supporters, but we need more than an 18,000 capacity," QPR chairman Tony Fernandes said....

_71712342_qpr-image1.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25355950

This is a bit sad, but.

Looking forward to seeing the planted trees.

This will be give a very good indicator of how the whole training campus will blend into the surrounding area.

jrb said:
This is a bit sad, but.

Looking forward to seeing the planted trees.

This will be give a very good indicator of how the whole training campus will blend into the surrounding area.

You just want to hug one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.