Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
CITY FOR LIFE said:
JRB, Like everyone else has highlighted, great pictures and one of the best threads ever on the forum, it keeps us Blues that don't live in Manchester and like me who parks the other side of the ground very much up to date.

Great work mate.

I drive past every morning and night but it is only when I see jrb's work that I can see the progress being made behind the hoardings. great work thanks

Moving thoughts along to the collar site and other bits and pieces it would be nice to se something along the lines of the Tokyo International Forum where loads of sports, gigs and events could be hosted.

An new, improved NEC.

fbloke said:
Moving thoughts along to the collar site and other bits and pieces it would be nice to se something along the lines of the Tokyo International Forum where loads of sports, gigs and events could be hosted.

An new, improved NEC.

Do we know anything yet about that phase of the development? Seen a few comments around us looking for a major global brand partner that will be a huge draw to the site, some articles about something to replace / challenge the MEN (which the general concensus was it wouldnt happen). Im just curious to get the thoughts from those who have a much better view than i do on the sorts of ideas floating around about what it might include.

willipp said:
fbloke said:

An new, improved NEC.

Do we know anything yet about that phase of the development? Seen a few comments around us looking for a major global brand partner that will be a huge draw to the site, some articles about something to replace / challenge the MEN (which the general concensus was it wouldnt happen). Im just curious to get the thoughts from those who have a much better view than i do on the sorts of ideas floating around about what it might include.

My money is on an arena type space for many sports to use as well as having an indoor, probably technology/multimedia attraction from Pixar/Apple/Disney etc.

As of today they have said nothing more than wanting an attraction of international significance capable of pulling in > 6m visitors per year open 365 days a year (iirc).

It goes without saying that that doesnt limit what could be landing in the coming years.

I believe once it is complete, it will get the attention of the media, the free press, (maybe even the North Korean press), and everyone involved in football. Who will aim to build a copy of the plans first?

fbloke said:
willipp said:
fbloke said:

An new, improved NEC.

My money is on an arena type space for many sports to use as well as having an indoor, probably technology/multimedia attraction from Pixar/Apple/Disney etc.

As of today they have said nothing more than wanting an attraction of international significance capable of pulling in > 6m visitors per year open 365 days a year (iirc).

It goes without saying that that doesnt limit what could be landing in the coming years.

Winter Olympics 2022 anyone? All held indoors for the very first time.

fbloke said:
willipp said:
fbloke said:

An new, improved NEC.

6 million is huge, over 15k per day on average, would have to be an incredible site. I guess that might include say 1.5 mil in match day atenders once the ground is re developed. Just looked and Alton Towers got 2.4 million visitors last year. I could imagine something to do with Apple being a huge draw, the innovation and interest that would bring would be amazing.

willipp said:
fbloke said:
willipp said:

6 million is huge, over 15k per day on average, would have to be an incredible site. I guess that might include say 1.5 mil in match day atenders once the ground is re developed. Just looked and Alton Towers got 2.4 million visitors last year. I could imagine something to do with Apple being a huge draw, the innovation and interest that would bring would be amazing.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach always used to get that number back in the 80s, and squashed into probably just 8 months of the year too. Don't think the numbers are quite so high there these days but it's certainly achievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.