Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delboy352 said:
not regarding the stadium here, but as far as FFP is concerned don't forget monies spent on the second most iconic name (behind our of course) of New York City won't count but the untold millions coming in will...and iirc someone said it could be hundreds of millions a year??

Forget that, NYCFC will have committed close to a billion dollars before even having kicked a ball..In NY you need to buy property and call in a demolishing company before you build anything new, as for the roads etc the whole area needs to be redone at a swinishly high cost and guess where the bill will land?

S04 said:
Delboy352 said:
not regarding the stadium here, but as far as FFP is concerned don't forget monies spent on the second most iconic name (behind our of course) of New York City won't count but the untold millions coming in will...and iirc someone said it could be hundreds of millions a year??

Forget that, NYCFC will have committed close to a billion dollars before even having kicked a ball..In NY you need to buy property and call in a demolishing company before you build anything new, as for the roads etc the whole area needs to be redone at a swinishly high cost and guess where the bill will land?

I'm pretty sure UEFA will not allow us to claim the operational revenues of another club. I mean, come on - if they won't allow you to claim sponsorships for more than they think they are valued at, they're hardly going to go for this, are they?

Besides, as for spending a billion before kicking a ball - I see what you're getting at, but I'm pretty sure work on the stadium will not have even reached the first phase of actual ground work before NYCFC kick off in 2015. They'll just be playing at the Yankee Stadium for several years before getting their own ground, is all.

Falastur said:
S04 said:
Delboy352 said:

I'm pretty sure UEFA will not allow us to claim the operational revenues of another club. I mean, come on - if they won't allow you to claim sponsorships for more than they think they are valued at, they're hardly going to go for this, are they?

Besides, as for spending a billion before kicking a ball - I see what you're getting at, but I'm pretty sure work on the stadium will not have even reached the first phase of actual ground work before NYCFC kick off in 2015. They'll just be playing at the Yankee Stadium for several years before getting their own ground, is all.

I did say committed, not spent..but there´s the other shoe in regards to NYCFC as well, the training/academy facilities face the same obstacles unless you place them far far away from NYC, all this will cost us.

As for Uefa and revenue I wonder how RedBull does it given that they got clubs worldwide? There must be a system in place I mean.

S04 said:
Falastur said:
S04 said:

I did say committed, not spent..but there´s the other shoe in regards to NYCFC as well, the training/academy facilities face the same obstacles unless you place them far far away from NYC, all this will cost us.

As for Uefa and revenue I wonder how RedBull does it given that they got clubs worldwide? There must be a system in place I mean.

I think its reasonable to suggest that the way NYCFC is being branded is very much close to MCFC.

Is that for FFPR reasons (using a club brand/logo anywhere in the world allows that revenue to be included in FFPR calc's remember) or simply to create a stable of teams which allows for revenues from sponsorship to b significantly higher?

fbloke said:
S04 said:
Falastur said:

I think its reasonable to suggest that the way NYCFC is being branded is very much close to MCFC.

Is that for FFPR reasons (using a club brand/logo anywhere in the world allows that revenue to be included in FFPR calc's remember) or simply to create a stable of teams which allows for revenues from sponsorship to b significantly higher?

Think of a brewery with several brands of beer and you might get close I guess.. We have noticed that IP rights have been transfered from MCFC to ADUG

S04 said:
fbloke said:
S04 said:

Think of a brewery with several brands of beer and you might get close I guess.. We have noticed that IP rights have been transfered from MCFC to ADUG

I wonder what advantages that will bring for tax etc?

Stretfordian_Blue said:
Is it public knowledge that work on the ground is being started in late Jan or early Feb? We'll still be able to fill the ground for home games whilst work is going on.

Which end? South or both?

1.618034 said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
Is it public knowledge that work on the ground is being started in late Jan or early Feb? We'll still be able to fill the ground for home games whilst work is going on.

I didn't ask about that, but a mate of mine is on the construction team assigned to the work.

Stretfordian_Blue said:
1.618034 said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:

I didn't ask about that, but a mate of mine is on the construction team assigned to the work.

We expect detailed and regular updates...

;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.