Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
SiWatts90 said:
Moggzy said:
Only the south stand is getting built, with further plans to extend beyond 2016 if the demand is there. The SC waiting list and replies from fans for additional season cards (350ish) wasn't enough to convince the facilities team to do both ends at once. It will still be an awesome stadium when finished though.

Is that official mate? Just I have heard the opposite from one of the tenders just before Christmas.

All I can say is its a fact.

Not trying to be clandestine, and I wouldn't post unless I knew this to be the case. Let's say I "may" know someone (hint hint) who works for the company that won the contract.<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:32 am --<br /><br />
richards30 said:
Moggzy said:
Only the south stand is getting built, with further plans to extend beyond 2016 if the demand is there. The SC waiting list and replies from fans for additional season cards (350ish) wasn't enough to convince the facilities team to do both ends at once. It will still be an awesome stadium when finished though.

Better let the RFU know then as they are getting ready to start selling tickets for the full 62,000 as stated on all the documents! Also it would cost more in building, planning, legal and works costs to do it in 2 stages and apart from anything else would look architecturally ridiculous! With the prices offered it has surpassed the interest they had hoped to get by a fair distance already! Both ends will get done.

Richards, do you work for the company that won the contact to build the stand????

Moggzy said:
I thought the uptake for the new SCs was in the 1000s not 350?
I also heard that both were being done due to this. I'd be very surprised if we only sold 350.

Silvercloud said:
Moggzy said:
I also heard that both were being done due to this. I'd be very surprised if we only sold 350.

The waiting list is in the 1000's but additional tickets from fans already in possession of SC's was 350ish. These figures combined still weren't enough to warrant a 12k capacity increase hence the south stand only which is mainly corporate anyway.

Doesn't surprise me if we only got 350 people who have already got SC's financially committing to and wanting more SC's. They will mainly be from people who maybe are their mates or relations who've returned to the area recently and want to jump the waiting list or for people who have kids and they want to get them a SC when they are older.

Moggzy said:
SiWatts90 said:
Moggzy said:

Is that official mate? Just I have heard the opposite from one of the tenders just before Christmas.

All I can say is its a fact.

Not trying to be clandestine, and I wouldn't post unless I knew this to be the case. Let's say I "may" know someone (hint hint) who works for the company that won the contract.

-- Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:32 am --

richards30 said:
Moggzy said:

Better let the RFU know then as they are getting ready to start selling tickets for the full 62,000 as stated on all the documents! Also it would cost more in building, planning, legal and works costs to do it in 2 stages and apart from anything else would look architecturally ridiculous! With the prices offered it has surpassed the interest they had hoped to get by a fair distance already! Both ends will get done.

Richards, do you work for the company that won the contact to build the stand????

My understanding was that this hadn't been awarded yet.

Moggzy said:
Silvercloud said:
Moggzy said:

The waiting list is in the 1000's but additional tickets from fans already in possession of SC's was 350ish. These figures combined still weren't enough to warrant a 12k capacity increase hence the south stand only which is mainly corporate anyway.

Everybody who has applied and paid/part paid a deposit is a potential new season ticket holder. Existing season ticket holders can't put their names on the list. Not sure what you are getting at but all the information you have posted as fact is about as far away from actual as you can get.

mostonbluemark said:
Moggzy said:
Silvercloud said:

Everybody who has applied and paid/part paid a deposit is a potential new season ticket holder. Existing season ticket holders can't put their names on the list. Not sure what you are getting at but all the information you have posted as fact is about as far away from actual as you can get.

There was over 4,000 on the waiting list a few weeks ago.

mostonbluemark said:
Moggzy said:
Silvercloud said:

Ok, if you say so. I'll add no more, not until it's announced.

richards30 said:
Moggzy said:

this, how can the RFU sell 62k tickets if its only 1 end when it will be only 55-56k

does the idea of doing one end fit in with the plans to move trees and fences ground work due to start after xmas ? cannt remember ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.