Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
General admission away supporters sat in the lower tier would then be directly on their concourse with access to concessions and WCs. Fans sat in the club tier would then use the existing stairs, labelled 2, to climb up to their seats and concourse at club level. General admission away fans sat in the upper tier would use one of the stairs in the new south stand, labelled 3.

Couple of points to glean from this -

Tier 2 looks set to be called the "club" tier all the way around (just like Webberly) and away fans will be offered seats in the "club" tier which would likely be at a higher price which means if they don take them will have their fans split over levels 1 and 3.

For us all the likely price to pay for the reduced prices in level 3 will be the increased prices in level 2 (club tier) all around?

Edit:
Those 6 design documents are brilliant and seem to cover the minutest detail of everything (except barm/muffin)

ellibb said:
pride in battle said:
So the proposed seats that are going in at ground level is that a definite, not heard that before? And when will that start?

Bet your bottom dollar that these extra 2000 seats at pitch level have been put in to ensure the final capacity (after east and west stand expansions) exceeds the capacity at the swamp, otherwise why would they do it???

Actually I think its more to with getting over the 60,000 figure. Because... I've had my ruler and calculator out on those roofless renders which show how big the enlarged east/west third tiers would be (as compared to current third tier side capacity) to try and work out what the final final capacity could be. And disappointingly it falls short of the swamps 76,000 total....
[bigimg]http://www.stevenicklin.com/images/city/FinalCapacity.jpg[/bigimg]
By my reckoning we need another 8 rows on the back of those sides to get over the line...

DiscoSteve said:
Actually I think its more to with getting over the 60,000 figure. Because... I've had my ruler and calculator out on those roofless renders which show how big the enlarged east/west third tiers would be (as compared to current third tier side capacity) to try and work out what the final final capacity could be. And disappointingly it falls short of the swamps 76,000 total....

I wasn't aware such pictures existed officially (pics of what the east/west tiers would be like when expanded). Could you provide a link?

Falastur said:
DiscoSteve said:

I wasn't aware such pictures existed officially (pics of what the east/west tiers would be like when expanded). Could you provide a link?

The one Steve shows above (with the additional marker pen) is from the official docs Falastur - they're shown a few pages back on this thread.

Its amazing to think that a little over 20 years ago this was home...
maineroad8.jpg

gordondaviesmoustache said:
oakiecokie said:
DiscoSteve said:
Its amazing to think that a little over 20 years ago this was home...
maineroad8.jpg

Think you mean less than 12 years DS.
I think he's referring to the old Kippax with it's asbestos cement roof on that picture which was demolished in 1994 iirc.

Ah,of course.

oakiecokie said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
oakiecokie said:
Think you mean less than 12 years DS.
I think he's referring to the old Kippax with it's asbestos cement roof on that picture which was demolished in 1994 iirc.

Ah,of course.
No wonder the old Kippax made so much noise: the roof was so low and pitched downwards towards the pitch at the front. Also asbestos cement has excellent acoustic qualities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.