Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pink Panther said:
6one said:
where are these 2000 pitch side seats (3 extra rows) going to go?

The stadium is being raised four feet to allow the new rows at the front
You mean exactly that? Not lowering the pitch? That sounds like an incredible amount of work affecting all 4 stands?

If we can move the stands, why not move them higher and backwards at the same time?

Marvin said:
The Pink Panther said:
6one said:

You mean exactly that? Not lowering the pitch? That sounds like an incredible amount of work affecting all 4 stands?

If we can move the stands, why not move them higher and backwards at the same time?

They have enough problem building the giant balloons to lift the stadium as it is. Trying to coordinate them to move each stand seperately would be a nightmare, especially in windy conditions.

Neville Kneville said:
Marvin said:
The Pink Panther said:

They have enough problem building the giant balloons to lift the stadium as it is. Trying to coordinate them to move each stand seperately would be a nightmare, especially in windy conditions.
Ha ha

fbloke said:
I still think that taking that kink out of Ashton New Road would be useful.

Spit it out Fbloke...

I recall reading some chat with regards to the area/junction around mary dee's becoming something of a pedestrian square, eateries' etc and the traffic having to seriouslly chill it's boots.....anyone know owt?

love this place<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:16 pm --<br /><br />
Fat Chance said:
I recall reading some chat with regards to the area/junction around mary dee's becoming something of a pedestrian square, eateries' etc and the traffic having to seriouslly chill it's boots.....anyone know owt?
From the plans it looks likely that Grey Mare Lane will be pedestianised around the school so no reason why that can't happen

Spoke to someone today who was heavily involved in the strategy for the planning of the new south and north stands. I asked him the likelihood of the east and west stands being developed. Interestingly he said the spirals would stay but would be half in the stadium and half out if that makes sense. However he said that he can't see it happening for maybe ten years as it would cost in excess of 40000 a seat which is a huge payback. Also the logistics of it mean the roof coming off and stands being closed during construction. The clubs plans are very much make the two new north and south stands very competitive price wise but if you are adamant you want to sit on a posh padded seat near the half way line be prepared for serious costs. The plan is to sign a superstar of epic proportions to ensure that the stadium attracts huge numbers. The club are nervous about large areas of empty seats and the number of non attendees on match days this season and been noted. Some schems are planned to try and overcome this problem. All posted in good faith and I have known this bloke twenty years and worked with him on the building of the stadium.

Marvin said:
The Pink Panther said:
6one said:

You mean exactly that? Not lowering the pitch?

yes, surely they're lowering the pitch?

(and presumably losing some of that empty space that they block up when stoke come)

6one said:
Marvin said:
The Pink Panther said:
You mean exactly that? Not lowering the pitch?

yes, surely they're lowering the pitch?

(and presumably losing some of that empty space that they block up when stoke come)

No, raising the stands
It's impossible to dig down because of the old coal mine
They can't move the stands outwards, because the roof will split

By raising the stands you save money on spoil disposal costs, so it is often a more economic solution in situations like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.