Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not falling for this raising the stands business. You're having me on, I know it.

Any updates on the waiting list? Read elsewhere it's up to 4,300.

worsleyweb said:
Spoke to someone today who was heavily involved in the strategy for the planning of the new south and east stands. I asked him the likelihood of the east and west stands being developed. Interestingly he said the spirals would stay but would be half in the stadium and half out if that makes sense. However he said that he can't see it happening for maybe ten years as it would cost in excess of 40000 a seat which is a huge payback. Also the logistics of it mean the roof coming off and stands being closed during construction. The clubs plans are very much make the two new east and south stands very competitive price wise but if you are adamant you want to sit on a posh padded seat near the half way line be prepared for serious costs. The plan is to sign a superstar of epic proportions to ensure that the stadium attracts huge numbers. The club are nervous about large areas of empty seats and the number of non attendees on match days this season and been noted. Some schems are planned to try and overcome this problem. All posted in good faith and I have known this bloke twenty years and worked with him on the building of the stadium.

Messi is 100% on the radar.... We are in for him...

worsleyweb said:
Spoke to someone today who was heavily involved in the strategy for the planning of the new south and east stands. I asked him the likelihood of the east and west stands being developed. Interestingly he said the spirals would stay but would be half in the stadium and half out if that makes sense. However he said that he can't see it happening for maybe ten years as it would cost in excess of 40000 a seat which is a huge payback. Also the logistics of it mean the roof coming off and stands being closed during construction. The clubs plans are very much make the two new east and south stands very competitive price wise but if you are adamant you want to sit on a posh padded seat near the half way line be prepared for serious costs. The plan is to sign a superstar of epic proportions to ensure that the stadium attracts huge numbers. The club are nervous about large areas of empty seats and the number of non attendees on match days this season and been noted. Some schems are planned to try and overcome this problem. All posted in good faith and I have known this bloke twenty years and worked with him on the building of the stadium.

Thanks for the that Worsley

spirals half-in half out= scribed

if City wanted a strategy that would really help.

Special railcard for seasoncard holders with discounts on rail travel to and from games, all it would need would be for you to enter your supporter number, select the fixture you're using the train for and book your tickets.

Dedicated supporter trains for matches where due to an early or late kick off at long distance the club provides services to and from that town/city when normal services don't provide a means of getting home, or a promotion with a hotel chain and coach partner that offers services and discounts for those types of games.

Bring in the swipe payment cards and give cashback on them for each fixture attended to use in the stadium, City Square or club shop.

Sheikh's in the oil trade, discounts on petrol costs for long distance travellers to home games?

Let the fans make the atmosphere at games, turn the music and announcers off 15 minutes before kick-off, all you need is the first line of Blue Moon to be played over the tannoy and it would kick everyone off, and it would encourage more people to make the effort to come to be part of a fabled atmosphere like Dortmund.

Be on the forefront of getting through issues such as safe standing and drinking in seats, with the contactless payment cards you can tally how much people are buying and restrict them if they are becoming an issue. With the CCTV troublemakers can be kicked out with relative ease. Flares are only an issue because reasonable allowances that would get the atmosphere going and people enjoying the game more are banned, so idiots resort to shit like that as a rebellion sign.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
if City wanted a strategy that would really help.

Special railcard for seasoncard holders with discounts on rail travel to and from games, all it would need would be for you to enter your supporter number, select the fixture you're using the train for and book your tickets.

Dedicated supporter trains for matches where due to an early or late kick off at long distance the club provides services to and from that town/city when normal services don't provide a means of getting home, or a promotion with a hotel chain and coach partner that offers services and discounts for those types of games.

Bring in the swipe payment cards and give cashback on them for each fixture attended to use in the stadium, City Square or club shop.

Sheikh's in the oil trade, discounts on petrol costs for long distance travellers to home games?

Let the fans make the atmosphere at games, turn the music and announcers off 15 minutes before kick-off, all you need is the first line of Blue Moon to be played over the tannoy and it would kick everyone off, and it would encourage more people to make the effort to come to be part of a fabled atmosphere like Dortmund.

Be on the forefront of getting through issues such as safe standing and drinking in seats, with the contactless payment cards you can tally how much people are buying and restrict them if they are becoming an issue. With the CCTV troublemakers can be kicked out with relative ease. Flares are only an issue because reasonable allowances that would get the atmosphere going and people enjoying the game more are banned, so idiots resort to shit like that as a rebellion sign.

Agree with what you say. Certainly the orchestrated force-fed pre-match dross almost removes the will to live and encourages people to hang around outside or on the concourses rather than arrive earlier on the terrace. I am fairly certain that songs and atmosphere would follow after an initial awkward silence because simply put most of us have really forgot how to sing and shout due to being over powered by Hugh Ferris and that bloody tannoy.

The club must have considered this, however it's a difficult reconcile as on the other side of the coin are beer and pie sales!

As for beer on the terrace, not for me I'm afraid. It's not the drunkenness I object to, rather the guaranteed beer showers every time we score! Thanks, but no Thanks.

pride in battle said:
worsleyweb said:

Messi is 100% on the radar.... We are in for him...

i`ll go and get my tat done

Marvin said:
Not falling for this raising the stands business. You're having me on, I know it.

Any updates on the waiting list? Read elsewhere it's up to 4,300.

We aren't raising the stands ignore the winds ups, we're removing seats and replacing them with wooden benches like at Goodison to fit more in.

worsleyweb said:
Spoke to someone today who was heavily involved in the strategy for the planning of the new south and north stands. I asked him the likelihood of the east and west stands being developed. Interestingly he said the spirals would stay but would be half in the stadium and half out if that makes sense. However he said that he can't see it happening for maybe ten years as it would cost in excess of 40000 a seat which is a huge payback. Also the logistics of it mean the roof coming off and stands being closed during construction. The clubs plans are very much make the two new north and south stands very competitive price wise but if you are adamant you want to sit on a posh padded seat near the half way line be prepared for serious costs. The plan is to sign a superstar of epic proportions to ensure that the stadium attracts huge numbers. The club are nervous about large areas of empty seats and the number of non attendees on match days this season and been noted. Some schems are planned to try and overcome this problem. All posted in good faith and I have known this bloke twenty years and worked with him on the building of the stadium.

I'm not having that, there's no way we'd wipe out the Rags debt to buy Januzaj.

The easiest way of stopping the empty seats talk is to install seats of differing colours amongst the sky blue seats, causing a disruptive pattern. In stadiums with lighter coloured seats, empty spaces stand out a mile compared with darker seats.

The best way, of course, would be for people to sit/stand there, whatever the colour, every seat for the whole 90 mins.

All seats will be fitted with digitally minute counting system which is linked to a pc at mcfc and for every minute your sat in your seat you get points when added up you can put it towards buying something in the club shop and from the 85th minute to the final whistle you get double points ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.