etihad now a double of old Trafford

forevermancity said:
stonerblue said:
uwerosler28 said:
at half time

When most people are at the bar having a laugh/joke/moan/chat with other fans, creating a buzz which could transfer itself to the stands for the 2nd half.

The big screen does bother me though, and i didn't want 'em in the first place. We see fans watching the screens instead of the action on the field. Then the replays get everyone moaning about dodgy decisions. Fuck the massive tellys off and get the scoreboard back.

Tributes before ko are hardly likely to generate a livelier atmosphere for the match and i'd say a lot of supporters don't want that kind of thing, they go to the match to escape real life for a couple of hours.

Not every match is gonna be a rocking hotbed of noise and passion. It never was this way and it never will be.

no it doesnt because they dont show them, so why lie?

I thought it was good that MCFC had pics of Kieran Crump-Raiswell, 18, the lad that was murdered on screens before the match . it was well trailed around the city he was a blue and season card holder and its a tad disingenuous to conflate this tragedy with a lack of atmosphere In fact towards the end of the game it all got a bit old style MCFC comic with Hart getting friendly gip about the shampoo advert

the question I cannot fathom is I go to Old Trafford Once a year when we play them the atmosphere in our bit is brill so all these posters on here who know such much about what's its like there day to day in terms of food seating ect and the sociological class basis of supporters are either very brilliant or have a little to much in snider knowledge<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:05 pm --<br /><br />
SWP's back said:
uwerosler28 said:
stonerblue said:
says a man sat pissing about on his phone..
at half time
Can you PM me and tell me what time I should be in my seat before each game in case there is a tribute to someone that may or may not have passed away in the preceding weeks?

best if you move in till end of may then you miss none of them

Skashion said:
Fanny Fart said:
Skashion said:
Thank you.

No more questions your Honour
Indeed, I don't think anyone outside of the sections has a right to say what goes on within them because they're simply not in a position to say. There is no rivalry where one section tries to sing over the over. I've heard others comment on the mish-mash of songs, and I can easily believe it, but it's not one section trying to sing over the other. It's just what you can hear around you. If the area you're in are all singing one song, you're not going to hear another block singing. Try sitting next to your TV with it on full-volume and then have someone shout you from the other side of the house. See if you hear them. The rivalry only exists insofar as sometimes we sing 'south stand give us a song', or sometimes compete over who does the best Poznan. We do not try to sing over one another over some sort of ridiculous refusal to sing what the other section is singing because we're rivals. No, we're City fans and there's a bit of banter between two sections.

As far as I'm concerned, south stand is by far the quieter section, and that was true yesterday as well. My opinion of this seems to be confirmed by a poster in 220 (directly above south stand), who said their block outsung south stand level one yesterday.

As I said in one of my posts, we are all entitled to an opinion and I respect yours but if you are in the area that is doing the singing you don't necessarily hear what we, who are away from that area, get to hear. IMHO.

Balti said:
uwerosler28 said:
sat here in my seat at half time been hearing for weeks we need the south stand full of city today only one block of Fulham yet silence we here we're silence due to nerves not today we got a early goal fans around me not happy were "only" winning one nil , adverts on the big screen for half time baguettes ten minutes before half time for " only" 5.50 and a virtually empty stadium before kick off when a tribute paid to a fellow blue who tragically lost his life , a entirely soulless experience

totally wrong

the sloppy joes meatball jobbies were £4.50
No.1, they were advertised for £5.50

No.2, the atmosphere when we play Fulham is always shit

Eccles, you say they try and compete to sing over each other. That is just not correct as anyone that actually stands in either will confirm.

SWP's back said:
Eccles, you say they try and compete to sing over each other. That is just not correct as anyone that actually stands in either will confirm.

Correct.

The only way forward with this is to merge all the singers in one place. With the inception of the singing section we lost some of our singers but some stayed behind (like myself) with the belief that the South Stand would still be the focal point of the atmosphere.

We've now got a dicotomy where half (if not more) of the singers are in Singing Section and half are in the South Stand.

Getting the singers together like we do at aways is the key to improving the atmosphere.

Caveman said:
The atmospheres at the Olympics last year were phenomenal

Yes but at the Olympics they have stadium announcers who talk through the entire thing, who draw your attention to what to cheer for and whip the crowd into a frenzy when they were getting quiet. Heck, at the cycling they actually told people when to do a Mexican Wave. I don't think people would appreciate the Olympics' announcers or the level of cheese that went on there.

Besides, what the Olympics had wasn't atmosphere, it was cheering. It's the same as when people score in football - they cheered when someone did something and stopped and shut up in the downtime - it's just that unlike football, there was a race or cheer-worthy event every 5 or 10 minutes there. If we had stopped cheering goals it would be a worthy comparison but I don't think anyone is criticising how loud we cheer when we actually score.

Having an actual standing area would help massively. The key though is that it has to be unreserved so the singers can group together. Having an assigned standing place simply wouldn't work. It would be no different to the way it is now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.