etihad now a double of old Trafford

Any game V Fulham is always going to have a flat atmosphere made worse by the cold.

Even Maine Road had flat atmospheres against teams like that.

Unless an important game of course.

No no no no no no
theres no dandruff

uwerosler28 said:
sat here in my seat at half time been hearing for weeks we need the south stand full of city today only one block of Fulham yet silence we here we're silence due to nerves not today we got a early goal fans around me not happy were "only" winning one nil , adverts on the big screen for half time baguettes ten minutes before half time for " only" 5.50 and a virtually empty stadium before kick off when a tribute paid to a fellow blue who tragically lost his life , a entirely soulless experience

Your full stop key broken or is it a period ?

in kippax days we used to have fans orchestrating, they be up on their feet hands waving beckoning to sing, and we used to respond. but there tend to be a different class of fan these days imo. there to watch, where as before we got involved, sang hearts out and tried to lift the team

in them days i never came home with a voice, it was gone from all singing and shouting

It was abysmal today and hand on heart i can't remember one worse, sure having 400 away fans and an uninspiring game didn't help but is it so hard to actual make a noise?. I disagree with the notion that the demographics of our support has changed since we first moved into the stadium a decade ago, apart from season under Stuart Pearce when we averaged 39,997 the gates have been between 42 and 47000 so in reality the vast majority of people in the stadium now were there then. I don't think we have middle class support there was a poll a few years back and we were in the bottom 4 or 5 in the league in terms of wealth of supporters. I can't understand how abysmal the atmosphere is, i know Showsec don't help matters and it would be great if we had more noise and colour in the stadium, i know various groups do their bit and those flags against Watford were great and i was wondering where were they today?.

uwerosler28 said:
yeseye said:
uwerosler28 said:
sat here in my seat at half time been hearing for weeks we need the south stand full of city today only one block of Fulham yet silence we here we're silence due to nerves not today we got a early goal fans around me not happy were "only" winning one nil , adverts on the big screen for half time baguettes ten minutes before half time for " only" 5.50 and a virtually empty stadium before kick off when a tribute paid to a fellow blue who tragically lost his life , a entirely soulless experience
Don't go again if that's the case!
season ticket already paid for

Give it to someone who deserves it, someone who takes in the matchday experience or tries to effect change and doesn't whinge about it

I was there also, again, season ticket holder. The atmosphere is what we make it

Yes, there are lots of tourists and fans attracted by the club's status but this is progress..... Without these new supporters, world domination is impossible

If you really can't deal with the changing face of City and other clubs on the up try County or the local team where you live.......

Has anyone wondered if the style of football affects our atmosphere? I like technical football but a lot of our fans grew up on more direct football and City were nearly always an exciting team except for a couple of eras (like Pearce). If we were balls out direct like Dortmund or Real Madrid would the atmosphere be better?

welsh_andy said:
in kippax days we used to have fans orchestrating, they be up on their feet hands waving beckoning to sing, and we used to respond. but there tend to be a different class of fan these days imo. there to watch, where as before we got involved, sang hearts out and tried to lift the team

in them days i never came home with a voice, it was gone from all singing and shouting

It was the old standing terraces , wasn't it ?

They were what allowed like minded fans to congregate and sing together .... you knew what you were getting , and it made the matchday experience an exciting and enjoyable one , more often than not , even if your side weren't really doing all that well.

These days you have other fans telling you to sit down , stewards telling you you can't do this and that .... you're frightened to move , and it's stifling the atmosphere.

black mamba said:
welsh_andy said:

It was the old standing terraces , wasn't it ?

They were what allowed like minded fans to congregate and sing together .... you knew what you were getting , and it made the matchday experience an exciting and enjoyable one , more often than not , even if your side weren't really doing all that well.

These days you have other fans telling you to sit down , stewards telling you you can't do this and that .... you're frightened to move , and it's stifling the atmosphere.
it's not just the atmosphere it's the whole experience reminds me of a American football game adverts fanzone pushing tat onto the fans I don't know why but today I felt the furthest from my club that I ever have but for some that means I'm no longer aloud in the ground ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.