etihad now a double of old Trafford

All those who are saying it is nothing like Old Trafford are spot on, it is worse and i mean that. Today from the north stand i heard Joe Hart shout a hell of a lot and clearly. You do not get that or long periods of pure silence at Old Trafford.

There is no return though, too many families which is good in one way but not for atmosphere, too many obstacles in place and too many fans who can't be arsed.

People like Didsbury Dave and others laugh and deride about so called ultra groups but fuck me, just 200-300 of these lads together singing non stop would help it a lot but there is no chance of that ever happening either spontaneous or organised.

The club can send many surveys out asking how to improve atmosphere but the truth is they are not arsed. They would rather have a family of 4 sit in 4 seats than 4 working class lads who want to show some passion, a sign of the times.

I'm 90% sure i will give up my season tickets next year, i said the same last year but that last day made me stick it out one more year but I'd rather spend my money on away games and European games and watch home games in the pub or at home, it would be more enjoyable as I'm not getting much entertainment seeing teams come to us and do nothing for 90 mins and watch it in silence, there's more to football than winning games comfortably every week.

monkylarr said:
Lord Justice Taylor is to blame . It dose not matter who sits where , WE NEED STANDING BROUGHT BACK .
That man ruined the atmosphere at all grounds when we were made to fuckin sit down
Agreed.

Standing wasn't even an issue, it was the design of the stands that was. There were over 100 years of mainly standing at football grounds, many of which fifty years into football were staging attendances of 50-80000 regularly with only small problems. Then Taylor came in after a few incidents -horrible as they were - and shot a trigger happy response at the problem which was actually the completely wrong thing to do.

Then football became a sport that tried to milk as much money out of the fans as possible. Instead of being a time for the local, mainly working class, community to come together in their scores of thousands; it's now a place full of older or more middle class (and much more boring) spectators. With a few exceptions, everywhere is fucking dull as fuck (there are a few exceptions as there are some very good and very noisy sets of fans, unfortunately we're certainly not one of them!).

Now we're left with almost a complete league with soulless and boring atmospheres.

Our stadium itself doesn't help. It's a lovely athletics stadium that was converted into a ground football could be played at; it isn't a football stadium. The first tier is far too small, the roof doesn't contain noise and the club hasn't provided a proper stand for noisy fans to congregate in a number of around 15000+ which is essential in my opinion (Jesus, even the Cheadle End at Stockport - 5000+ - holds more than our "vocal" areas do!), not only that by what has been provided is split in two by noisier (most of the time) away fans.

There's nowt wrong with what the OP said because its true!

yeseye said:
uwerosler28 said:
sat here in my seat at half time been hearing for weeks we need the south stand full of city today only one block of Fulham yet silence we here we're silence due to nerves not today we got a early goal fans around me not happy were "only" winning one nil , adverts on the big screen for half time baguettes ten minutes before half time for " only" 5.50 and a virtually empty stadium before kick off when a tribute paid to a fellow blue who tragically lost his life , a entirely soulless experience

Don't go again if that's the case!

He paid his money, he's got a right to have a view. Just because it's negative doesn't mean he's wrong.

Don't agree about the reference to the empty stadium for the tribute, City should have done that at half time or just before the game. At twenty to 3 the ground's going to be virtually empty.

But he is right, the atmosphere was very poor today, particularly first half. Having said that I think it's a little rich to have a go at our atmosphere if you're not doing to improve it yourself.

There's been worse against Fulham. A game against Fulham is never going to have good atmosphere. Great banter with Joe Hart so I still enjoyed today. Showsec being the usual tossers though, quelle surprise.

the freezing weather didn't help, too many were just sat shivering so its hard to make noise etc

a shit away support didn't help either.

a drab performance also didn't help

WNRH said:
All those who are saying it is nothing like Old Trafford are spot on, it is worse and i mean that.

It's not even close. Their fans don't even sing nowadays except maybe once, we have at least 8-10 songs per game. The difference between the Etihad and Old Trafford is we still have two singing areas so even if the atmosphere is poor, you'll still get plenty of songs per game. You don't at the swamp.

People like Didsbury Dave and others laugh and deride about so called ultra groups but fuck me, just 200-300 of these lads together singing non stop would help it a lot but there is no chance of that ever happening either spontaneous or organised.

Agree with this though, seems some of the old timers laugh at anything new because it's not "their way" and they'd rather see the atmosphere die than something new. Seems almost Swales-esque, he was a stubborn fool who let the club suffer because of it. :)

The club can send many surveys out asking how to improve atmosphere but the truth is they are not arsed.

Not sure about this either, we've seen things come as the result of surveys like Operation One End. Also, City are the first top club in England to support Safe Standing don't forget.

salfordblues said:
yeseye said:
uwerosler28 said:
sat here in my seat at half time been hearing for weeks we need the south stand full of city today only one block of Fulham yet silence we here we're silence due to nerves not today we got a early goal fans around me not happy were "only" winning one nil , adverts on the big screen for half time baguettes ten minutes before half time for " only" 5.50 and a virtually empty stadium before kick off when a tribute paid to a fellow blue who tragically lost his life , a entirely soulless experience

Don't go again if that's the case!

He paid his money, he's got a right to have a view. Just because it's negative doesn't mean he's wrong.

Don't agree about the reference to the empty stadium for the tribute, City should have done that at half time or just before the game. At twenty to 3 the ground's going to be virtually empty.

But he is right, the atmosphere was very poor today, particularly first half.
I dont think anybody has questioned his viewpoint.
What I , and probably most other folk find ironic is the fact that the OP is complaining about the atmosphere whilst tippy tappying around on the internet.

mansour's tow ropes said:
the freezing weather didn't help, too many were just sat shivering so its hard to make noise etc

It's a shame though that we need warm weather, exciting performance and full away end to create an atmosphere though. I don't think anyone is expecting deafening atmosphere's every game but even just some background noise, anything but silence.

CTID1988 said:
The_mace said:
I found this when I went to the Villa game in November.

First time I'd gone since 2009 (Arsenal game when ade scored that goal)

When we started winning I was expecting a great atmosphere but it was flat and boring.

Can't see what the solution is other than only letting people in who went to York.

The stadium only holds 47,000

Brilliant.

WNRH said:
mansour's tow ropes said:

It's a shame though that we need warm weather, exciting performance and full away end to create an atmosphere though. I don't think anyone is expecting deafening atmosphere's every game but even just some background noise, anything but silence.

you only need one of these factors to change and the improve would improve. its a shame that all 3 of these things happened in the same game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.