etihad now a double of old Trafford

uwerosler28 said:
yeseye said:
uwerosler28 said:
sat here in my seat at half time been hearing for weeks we need the south stand full of city today only one block of Fulham yet silence we here we're silence due to nerves not today we got a early goal fans around me not happy were "only" winning one nil , adverts on the big screen for half time baguettes ten minutes before half time for " only" 5.50 and a virtually empty stadium before kick off when a tribute paid to a fellow blue who tragically lost his life , a entirely soulless experience
Don't go again if that's the case!
season ticket already paid for

sell it. there's a waiting list of people who enjoy going<br /><br />-- Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:31 pm --<br /><br />
CTID1988 said:
The_mace said:
I found this when I went to the Villa game in November.

First time I'd gone since 2009 (Arsenal game when ade scored that goal)

When we started winning I was expecting a great atmosphere but it was flat and boring.

Can't see what the solution is other than only letting people in who went to York.

The stadium only holds 47,000

LOL we have such quick witted fans!!!

WNRH said:
LoveCity said:
WNRH said:
All those who are saying it is nothing like Old Trafford are spot on, it is worse and i mean that.

It's not even close. Their fans don't even sing nowadays except maybe once, we have at least 8-10 songs per game. The difference between the Etihad and Old Trafford is we still have two singing areas so even if the atmosphere is poor, you'll still get plenty of songs per game. You don't at the swamp.

Last season i went to Old Trafford for their game v Fulham, work had got hospitality, it was all free and i thought why not, i've never been, they won 1-0 it was an awful game but the atmosphere was so much better than today for our home game v Fulham and this was a Monday night.

It wasn't the Curva Nord or the Bombonera don't get me wrong but there was never a moment of pure silence, there was always pockets singing all over the ground and whenever they were on the up others would join in.

Maybe that was because there was an extra 30,000 people in, it probably was but it was still miles better than what we produce for the non Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs games.

I've also been to non city games at Anfield, Chelsea and Newcastle and they too never had pure moments of silence that we do. You could say that all 3 have traditional grounds with good acoustics but i'm not talking about great atmosphere's i'm talking about noise and there was enough people making noises, we don't have that at the Cheese Factory.

The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not evidence

It's not just us, it's up and down the country. The passion isn't really there anymore from any set of fans in my opinion. And before anyone says Stoke, piss off because the myth about their mindblowing fans is exactly that, a myth!

BlueHalli said:
Why should he not go anymore just because he doesn't like the way our fan base is goin? He's obviuosly a life long city fan and thinks there are issues. Great fans you lot are that would just stop goin and supporting our team because you are disgruntled about something . The atmos is shockin at times but obviuosly many city fans think it isn't an issue . It baffles me because we can create a good atmos when we want so why do these same people choose to sit in silence for games such as today ? It ruins the match day experience . The day the singers stop goin and give their seats up for the flask brigade is the day our club loses its heart and soul and becomes another rag club.

Stop panicking - it won't happen. Having been to many away matches, home fans often have quite periods. Our fans are pretty good on the whole but it depends where you sit because you can't always hear the banter<br /><br />-- Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:35 pm --<br /><br />
Why Always Ste said:
I feel the same, noticed it even more today As I hadn't been to a few games recently to due being banned (for persistently standing) and ill health....

ShowSec are killing the atmosphere in the blocks where I'd prefer to stand, and do, yet are constantly harassed by Showsec staff to sit down.
For those of you not in this area, this isn't just myself, I counted 4 fans evicted for standing today alone... this kills the atmosphere creating this sanitised atmosphere where everyone feels uncomfortable about singing for fear of standing out then being ejected.

Ironic or what: one of the key things the club market us for yet they try and kill it.

I have had enough, and if I'm stopped from relocating next season my SC will be cancelled and I will be replaced by some non mancunian tourist with no connection to the club or willingness to sing.

Any excuse to blame the stewards....nothing to do with you being banned eh??????

Why Always Ste said:
I feel the same, noticed it even more today As I hadn't been to a few games recently to due being banned (for persistently standing) and ill health....

ShowSec are killing the atmosphere in the blocks where I'd prefer to stand, and do, yet are constantly harassed by Showsec staff to sit down.
For those of you not in this area, this isn't just myself, I counted 4 fans evicted for standing today alone... this kills the atmosphere creating this sanitised atmosphere where everyone feels uncomfortable about singing for fear of standing out then being ejected.

Ironic or what: one of the key things the club market us for yet they try and kill it.

I have had enough, and if I'm stopped from relocating next season my SC will be cancelled and I will be replaced by some non mancunian tourist with no connection to the club or willingness to sing.

Was it not you who was up for starting an 'ultras' group recently ? And now you're giving up your ticket ? Nothing very 'Ultra' about that !

grim up north said:
We lose BM goes into melt down
We draw BM goes into melt down
We win BM moans like fuck

Dead Right..... What the hell is up with some so called fans

its like this in every ground in the country, there is no more atmosphere anymore.

United vs liverpool. City vs united even the atmosphere at both those games was average

We need standing back and we need cheaoer tickets all round to get the working class fan back. Hamburg is the prime example- cheap tickets, mostly locals and groups of young lads that stood toghether, which made probably the best atmosphere weve had at the etihad.

I Listened to the commentary on the radio at work today with a Bolton fan and he commented "is there anybody there" and that was after the second goal went in must admit I had to agree with him hardly a murmur was raised or that is what it sounded like on the radio.

CC1 said:
Any excuse to blame the stewards....nothing to do with you being banned eh??????

I sit right next to 109 and can't confirm the evictions but can confirm the annoying and endless harassment of ShowSec stewards towards standers. I'm FOOKIN' SICK of hearing the same woman walk up and down every match repeating herself in a loud whiny voice over and over again, telling people to sit down.

Considering the club has publicly backed safe standing, it makes me laugh when a harmless group of standers are harassed for 90 minutes. It's not like it spreads into 107 where I am, I'd love to stand but understand I can only do so in moderation... as does everyone else next to 109 where they stand.

jaigurugoat said:
grim up north said:
We lose BM goes into melt down
We draw BM goes into melt down
We win BM moans like fuck

Totally agree, people need to lighten up. I don't know what people expect with the weather as it has been and the team we were playing against. It was a routine game and it's hard to get excited about as the win is expected. People go to a match primarily in order to be entertained.

There were some good moments.

The reaction when zabba went off was one of the best I have seen for any player in many years.

Exactly but some people go deaf when it suits them. Fulham didn't contribute any excitement to the game which didn't help the crowd's adrenaline!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.