EU Referendum Thread

They should have defaulted ages ago. It's inevitable unless they can persuade the Germans to write the debt off. The sooner they do it the better (for the Greeks) short term pain for long term gain.
Yes they should, but then again, if you can con the Germans out of a few more billion before you go tits up, who are we to advise.

Greece have failed to pay their first installment of their bail out bung by the IMF,their far left government too have rejected 'austerity.'
How do our fellow 'No to austerity' supporters think they should proceed? Countries are not like households so should they
just try borrowing elsewhere to get the cash they need to pay all their public services this month?
Who do you go to after you've told the IMF to swivel, Wonga.com?
It can only mean default and Euro exit, nothing else will get them out of the shit.
Trouble is then, they return to what they had before, but with enforced austerity whether they like it or not.

Russia

Beat me to it smudged,
Both Russia and China would love to help piss on the IMFs chips, the Russians have set up their own international banking system with the Chinese working on the same thing.
Chances are this is already a done deal with one of them, plus the yanks will go ape shit if Greece is willing to lease a Mediterranean base to either power, get yer tin hats out ;0(

Beat me to it smudged,
Both Russia and China would love to help piss on the IMFs chips, the Russians have set up their own international banking system with the Chinese working on the same thing.
Chances are this is already a done deal with one of them, plus the yanks will go ape shit if Greece is willing to lease a Mediterranean base to either power, get yer tin hats out ;0(
Russia is in no position to be lending or giving money away, and why would China want to piss off countries that it does billions of dollars worth of trade with (mostly one way) I do wish people would do even a little research before posting, and of course the Greeks are going to default it's the timing that matters and what comes after the default it needs planning and I am sure that is what is being done by all governments

Russia is in no position to be lending or giving money away, and why would China want to piss off countries that it does billions of dollars worth of trade with (mostly one way) I do wish people would do even a little research before posting, and of course the Greeks are going to default it's the timing that matters and what comes after the default it needs planning and I am sure that is what is being done by all governments
Correct, they must default. Let's see how they then handle the real world once again with a government that is against any reduction of public spending, but is also sans Wonga with no chance of borrowing any.

At last the Tory rebels step up to the plate - "Conservatives for Britain".
About time too, they were in danger of letting the 'Yes' campaign make all the early running.
"No" needs a respected Leader an an organization quickly.
It would be a big mistake to wait until "rufen sie mich Dave" ( copyright chabal) comes back with his "deal", by that time it could be too late.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the night of the long knives in tory towers.
should make for an interesting battle, 50 signed up so far. Majority of 12.
It wouldn't take too many to defect or have their whip withdrawn

If they held the vote today I would vote to stay in. I think there would be too big a cost and disruption in extricating the UK from the EU. But if we werent already part of the EU I wouldnt be voting to join. And if I had known in 1975 how the EU would develop I probably wouldnt have voted then to join.

I could still change my mind and vote No. For me the important issues aren't really those that Cameron is seeking to re-negotiate. I'm not that bothered about imposing caps on welfare benefits for immigrants or drastically curbing immigration. I'm much more bothered about how the rest of Europe perceive the future of the EU. If the goal is still ever greater integration I would vote to exit. If there's an acceptance that integration has gone as far as its going to, then I would vote to stay in. My vote will be determined by how I expect the EU to look in 20 years rather than how it is now.

Maybe if you did a little research before posting you would know that Russia is (Or rather was before the EU trade block) Greece's biggest trading partner, or that most of the gas supplied to Greece is from Russia.
What the Greeks need is a market should they bin the EU who will trade, it suits Russia because since the trade block food prices have rocketed, they can give a discount on energy supply and secure a base on the Med into the bargain for little cost, loans could be secured on goods, mainly foodstuffs immediately available from the surplice thanks to the EU block.............Still think the Russians are in such a poor position ?.

Thats not to say they will go this route, but dismissing the possibility out of hand is short sighted given the demonizing of Putin currently being exercised by the west, its odds on that Greece will default and be looking for a way to recover, makes sense to look to your biggest trading block to see if they are willing to help.

Since when has China given a f*ck about upsetting the west ?, if they can see any advantage for them world opinion counts for little.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.