EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like all those economic experts who didn't see 2008 coming even though it was staring them in the face?

Just do some arithmetic. Our trade deficit with the EU is currently running at about £100bn per annum. Let's assume we leave and they stick a 5% tariff on their exports (and we do the same for ours). That will cost us £5bn a year.

Now even on a net basis, we pay the EU about £9bn a year. So we incur about £5bn of extra costs but save ourselves £9bn of EU budget contributions. Some drop!

No, that £9bn figure is utterly fallacious. You lot just cannot tell the truth. The UK, directly and indirectly, benefits to the tune of £12bn a year from the relationship.

Membership of the EU significantly increases Britain’s trade with other member-states, while there is little evidence that it reduces trade with countries outside the Union. Britain is home to a larger stock of EU and US foreign direct investment (FDI) than any other EU economy and is the preferred location for investment from other leading markets. Much of this investment would be threatened by a UK exit from the EU.

If Britain were to leave the EU, it would face a difficult dilemma: having to negotiate access to the EU’s single market in exchange for continued adherence to its rules – or losing access in return for regulatory sovereignty that would be almost entirely illusory.

No, that £9bn figure is utterly fallacious. You lot just cannot tell the truth. The UK, directly and indirectly, benefits to the tune of £12bn a year from the relationship.

Membership of the EU significantly increases Britain’s trade with other member-states, while there is little evidence that it reduces trade with countries outside the Union. Britain is home to a larger stock of EU and US foreign direct investment (FDI) than any other EU economy and is the preferred location for investment from other leading markets. Much of this investment would be threatened by a UK exit from the EU.

If Britain were to leave the EU, it would face a difficult dilemma: having to negotiate access to the EU’s single market in exchange for continued adherence to its rules – or losing access in return for regulatory sovereignty that would be almost entirely illusory.
Be prepared to be told by swp that you bring nothing to the table. He is in an even bigger funk than usual.

Are you really so fucking myopic that you think immigration is all anyone on the Brexit side cares about?

To be totally frank of the 15-20 people who have told me they are voting out only 2 are not voting out on immigration and only immigration. 1 doesn't really know why they are voting out (it was a toss up) and one gave me some Daily Mail carrot shape spiel

More worryingly the vast majority of them openly expressed very racist views, and I don't remember them having such views before this referendum. They definitely were not as open about it. Overtly racist views seem to be accepted now. Its back to the 50's. No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs

Where did you copy and paste that from?

Rot.
He did not mislead anyone. He didn't answer a hypothetical question, as any answer would have been leapt all over. Scaremongering, Johnson would be proud.

Yet he chose to answer the question , or rather publish a report saying, every family would be 4080 worse off if we leave in the year 2030.

Is that hypothetical or factual?

As the poster says You cannot vote or vote to remove one.
6a00d8341d417153ef01b7c6d920e0970b-800wi
This is my concern, Yep. That and all the brown babies.

I'm fucking sure it is all they talk about. You only had to see QT last night. Cameron was asked about NOTHING else. And I am listening to business and economists with no axe to grind. Getting angry about it won't help you. And I'm equally convinced that just like the Gove/Johnson/Farage axis, it is you who brings nothing to the debate.

The question time programme focuses on the weakness of that persons argument that week. So they attack remain on immigration and when leave are on it's essentially about the economy.

That's fair enough isn't it?

I'm sure the exit polls will be spot on at about 10:00:05 on Thursday! They did with the GE last year.

Yes exit polls are a much better guide.

By sheer coincidence a person in the next row of seats to me has just narrated a letter to go out to all her care worker employees.

The letter calls on her staff to vote in and says Brexit is like buying a house without having a survey. You just can't escape this debate lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.