• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are wrong if you think the EU cares about worker's rights

I also think labour have been a disgrace over the last few years which has led it's more traditional voters who have been effected by issues the current Labour Party are too scared to talk to turn to UKIP

If it's not infighting, being Tory Light or now some cool North London left-wing club, is it any wonder people have looked elsewhere? Immigration is an issue, a big one, Labour don't what to touch it. They should

And I'm not disagreeing with a lot of that, but I do disagree with the EU not caring about workers rights. It's pretty sad I know that I trust the EU much more on this subject than the Tories.

Anyone else noticed how we have new members signing up all the time and selecting to the 'in' vote in this poll?

I've been keeping an eye on it as the percentage in favour of 'out' has been gradually dropping: with lots of new votes for 'in', while the 'out' remained at 472 for days, i.e it wasn't existing members changing their mind.

Today is the first time we've had a small amount of extra 'out' votes.

It's all rather subversive.

148964_600.jpg

Anyone else noticed how we have new members signing up all the time and selecting to the 'in' vote in this poll?

I've been keeping an eye on it as the percentage in favour of 'out' has been gradually dropping: with lots of new votes for 'in', while the 'out' remained at 472 for days, i.e it wasn't existing members changing their mind.

Today is the first time we've had a small amount of extra 'out' votes.

It's all rather subversive.

You know this isn't the referendum? If your really worried get ombudsmen PB to investigate

Nice to see you back but you do realise that British workers are the least protected in Europe and that many of the protections we have were in place long before the EU came along and were adopted by the EU. Equal pay, maternity rights, Health & Safety, anti-discrimination laws among others. Yes, it introduced things like the Working Time Directive but I wouldn't get work if I didn't sign an opt-out.

I've said before on here that one reason we're such an attractive investment destination is that it's so much easier to sack British workers and close factories than anywhere else in the EU.
You're forgetting one thing,
Thatcher scrapped the wage council in 85 leaving us with no wage legislation for 12 years hence the need for big increases in the minimum wage now,
do you honestly think if we hadn't signed up to the social charter the Tory's would have introduced there 'living wage' at the last budget, or who's to say a Boris government won't scrap the minimum wage, the right of the Tory party have form.

Your last paragraph sums it up. Why is that, do you think?
Because the EU is not a level playing field. So how does it protect workers' rights then? If the EU really did have workers' interests at heart, we wouldn't have places like the Sports Direct labour camp at Shirebrook. The EU may have started with the best of intentions but it's quietly been hijacked by neo-capitalists. Lobbyists for big business call the shots in Brussels these days.

Because the EU is not a level playing field. So how does it protect workers' rights then? If the EU really did have workers' interests at heart, we wouldn't have places like the Sports Direct labour camp at Shirebrook. The EU may have started with the best of intentions but it's quietly been hijacked by neo-capitalists. Lobbyists for big business call the shots in Brussels these days.

The neo-capitalists will be much more prevalent if we vote out of the EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.