• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can trust the EU- honest!

In 2005 Tony Blair agreed to surrender a large portion of the British rebate (40%) in return for a promise of Common Agriculture Policy (CAP) reform.

It cost us 10.5 billion pounds up to 2013.

We are still waiting!

Again either you're mis-reading what is written or choosing to be ignorant, not sure which.

I pointed out that UKIP are predominantly considered as having immigration high on their agenda, indeed you could argue it's the only item on their agenda. In these circumstances there could be a number of moderate voters who would be deterred from voting Leave as they would be worried that they'd be classified as being UKIP supporters and racist, which you will find the majority of Brexit voters are neither.

Hope this helps.

I think his point is that no one would know. You could swear blind you are voting stay going in, vote leave, swear blind you voted stay, coming out.
There is no deterrent in the voting booth, thankfully. Unless you have Martin Edwards having a peep.
I see an unemployed EU migrant got the job at his Dad's firm.

havn't taken any notice of the polls up to now and except from posters on here saying which way they swing i have not met one IN person and that's from loads of people i know, is it the area i am in or a good indication for the outers
Current odds would suggest most people will vote to remain:
Stay 1/6
Leave 4/1

Like you, apart from close family, people I see on Facebook and from what I hear the general public talking about, you'd think Leave would have the upper hand.

It would appear that the threat from the back bench Tories to seek a vote to get rid of Cameron as soon as practicable has had an effect on him because he seems to have come to his senses, sort of.

From The Mail.

But the premier did say he would step back from making personal attacks against Tory opponents during the rest of the campaign.

He also reiterated that he believes 'Britain could thrive' outside the EU.

'I withdraw absolutely nothing I've previously said. Britain is an amazing country. We can find our way whatever the British people choose,' he said.

'But the question for us is not are we a great country, have we got a brilliant economy, have we got talented businesses, have we got great entrepreneurs, have we got amazing universities, brilliant scientists? Can we go on as we have in the past, breaking new boundaries in all these areas? The question is how do we do best?'

Mr Cameron insisted the 'Special Relationship' with the US would survive despite a spat with Donald Trump.

The PM heavily criticised Mr Trump, now poised to become the Republican candidate in November's presidential election, after he suggested Muslims should be barred from entering America.

Mr Trump has since said he has been invited to Downing Street, but aides have indicated he will want an apology.

At the press conference today, Mr Cameron said he would be happy to work with whoever is leading the US.

'I believe in the special relationship,' he said.

Asked if he would now congratulate Mr Trump on securing the Republican nomination, the PM said he 'would congratulate anybody who could get through those marathon processes'.

What an absolutely two faced git.

It would appear that the threat from the back bench Tories to seek a vote to get rid of Cameron as soon as practicable has had an effect on him because he seems to have come to his senses, sort of.

From The Mail.

But the premier did say he would step back from making personal attacks against Tory opponents during the rest of the campaign.

'I withdraw absolutely nothing I've previously said. Britain is an amazing country. We can find our way whatever the British people choose,' he said.

'But the question for us is not are we a great country, have we got a brilliant economy, have we got talented businesses, have we got great entrepreneurs, have we got amazing universities, brilliant scientists? Can we go on as we have in the past, breaking new boundaries in all these areas? The question is how do we do best?'

Mr Cameron insisted the 'Special Relationship' with the US would survive despite a spat with Donald Trump.

The PM heavily criticised Mr Trump, now poised to become the Republican candidate in November's presidential election, after he suggested Muslims should be barred from entering America.

Mr Trump has since said he has been invited to Downing Street, but aides have indicated he will want an apology.

At the press conference today, Mr Cameron said he would be happy to work with whoever is leading the US.

Asked if he would now congratulate Mr Trump on securing the Republican nomination, the PM said he 'would congratulate anybody who could get through those marathon processes'.

politician in hypocrisy shocker!!!

From The Mail.

Cameron is of no interest to anyone looking to the future of the UK, Europe and the relationship each has with the other.
Just a matter of time before he stands down, either this year or next.
A complete dead man walking.

Current odds would suggest most people will vote to remain:
Stay 1/6
Leave 4/1

Like you, apart from close family, people I see on Facebook and from what I hear the general public talking about, you'd think Leave would have the upper hand.
It was exactly the same in the republican debate in Aus, the Scottish nationalist vote etc. Voters for change are a lot more vocal, a lot more dramatic and a lot more loud and proud. Voters for the same partly because they don't need to and partly because they don't want a lecture or deep chat tend to be quieter and just let their vote do the talking. People in Scotland talked about it seeking like 90% were pro independent based on discourse

You can trust the EU- honest!

In 2005 Tony Blair agreed to surrender a large portion of the British rebate (40%) in return for a promise of Common Agriculture Policy (CAP) reform.

It cost us 10.5 billion pounds up to 2013.

We are still waiting!
I would trust the EU before I'd trust the Tories and probably before I'd trust Tony Blair

That would mean altering the existing Treaties and that is never going to happen, it can't, it would mean the end of the Union.
We already have a Eurozone and non Eurozone situation developing and I see no reason why the treaty can't be changed to reflect this? The Eurozone will be free to continue with their project of ever closer union and we'd have a more looser relationship which suits us. Failing that we just negotiate the best possible deal for ourselves outside the EU. I'm not particularly bothered either way.[/QUOTE]
If out wins a second referendum will be inevitable and we will end up having referenda on bloody everything as we will have set the precedent of undermining our established parliamentary democracy and giving politicians the chance to abdicate responsibility for everything. That said maybe technology means we can have an app and vote on everything 1 vote each day from 10-1030

Last edited:
I would trust the EU before I'd trust the Tories and probably before I'd trust Tony Blair
At least you get a vote on whether it is the Tories or Blair Part Deux! With the EU, you get to like it or lump it, but not choose it! Something wrong with THAT version of "democracy"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.