• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="hgblue,
The chance of us voting to leave and the response of the EU being 'ok now bugger off', as is being implied by the Remain side is zero. There would follow a serious negotiation of the UKs place in the EU and if they were to offer us significant concesssions to stay I see no reason why that couldn't be put back to the British people in a second referendum.

That would mean altering the existing Treaties and that is never going to happen, it can't, it would mean the end of the Union.[/QUOTE]
We already have a Eurozone and non Eurozone situation developing and I see no reason why the treaty can't be changed to reflect this? The Eurozone will be free to continue with their project of ever closer union and we'd have a more looser relationship which suits us. Failing that we just negotiate the best possible deal for ourselves outside the EU. I'm not particularly bothered either way.

The chance of us voting to leave and the response of the EU being 'ok now bugger off', as is being implied by the Remain side is zero. There would follow a serious negotiation of the UKs place in the EU and if they were to offer us significant concesssions to stay I see no reason why that couldn't be put back to the British people in a second referendum.

THe second referendum would only happen if there were a failure to negotiate a deal. IF the June referendum is to leave, the PM wouldn't have a manadate to negotiate better terms to stay in, and just wouldn't be allowed by the Leavers to even try. HE or she would be out on their ear the moment they even suggested the idea.[/QUOTE]
Not so imo, prominent Outers like Johnson and Gove aren't actually rabidly anti EU and have said many times they favour being inside a reformed EU. If we vote to leave they would be involved in any exit negotiations and would be inclined to offer a second referendum if significant concessions were offered imo. Johnson said as much in the very early days of the campaign and was quickly hushed up.

Meanwhile over in Europe
According to an internal audit published in 2008, MEPs channelled £125,000-a-year allowances for secretaries and research assistants into family-owned businesses, foreign bank accounts and ‘front’ companies.
The Galvin Report revealed that politicians strived to ‘use up’ their portion of a £100million expenses pot without the need to provide receipts.
But the dossier by chief auditor Robert Galvin, from which leaks first emerged two years ago, did not name the worst culprits.
And the day-to-day spending of the European Parliament’s 736 members – 72 of them from the UK – remains secret as they are exempt from Freedom of Information requests.
Various TV companies have filmed MEPs signing in for 300 Euro daily expense allowance and then going home….

An independent UK will no longer have to fund billions in UK contributions to the EU or be restricted in the rate of VAT …. amongst may other things…..

THe second referendum would only happen if there were a failure to negotiate a deal. IF the June referendum is to leave, the PM wouldn't have a manadate to negotiate better terms to stay in, and just wouldn't be allowed by the Leavers to even try. HE or she would be out on their ear the moment they even suggested the idea.
Not so imo, prominent Outers like Johnson and Gove aren't actually rabidly anti EU and have said many times they favour being inside a reformed EU. If we vote to leave they would be involved in any exit negotiations and would be inclined to offer a second referendum if significant concessions were offered imo. Johnson said as much in the very early days of the campaign and was quickly hushed up.[/QUOTE]

Agreed . The reality is if we vote out is we would not be out, we would discuss and reach a common accord to stay.

If however we vote to remain those in power at the Eu would not give two shits and would just crack on to create the federal state.

Once they start doing that I can GUARANTEE Dave and George would start saying oh it's awful, the Eu this and the Eu that....

Corbyn might actually say something as well....

havn't taken any notice of the polls up to now and except from posters on here saying which way they swing i have not met one IN person and that's from loads of people i know, is it the area i am in or a good indication for the outers

[QUOTE="hgblue,
Not so imo, prominent Outers like Johnson and Gove aren't actually rabidly anti EU and have said many times they favour being inside a reformed EU. If we vote to leave they would be involved in any exit negotiations and would be inclined to offer a second referendum if significant concessions were offered imo. Johnson said as much in the very early days of the campaign and was quickly hushed up.[/QUOTE]

Because Boris was floating a boat to see where it went which was not very far. He probably realised that he was talking out of the wrong orifice as was Gove.
Mate we are signed up to all the Treaties apart from the Fiscal Pact. The 27 members were very reluctant to give Cameron his concession on welfare benefits and that was only because he probably said to them behind closed doors that if he didn't go back home with something then his reputation would be in tatters and we would likely vote out. What they will do with those concessions after we have voted to remain is kick them into touch. They have to. Either that or they ALL adopt them and Hungary 'aint keen on that.
The madhouse is beyond reform, beyond concessions. The CAP Treaty is set in stone and that is the most expensive part of the budget. If we vote out they will wave goodbye. There won't be another vote unless we ask for one and if we vote out and Cameron starts fucking about asking for concessions then the Tory party will split and anything could happen after that.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="hgblue,
Not so imo, prominent Outers like Johnson and Gove aren't actually rabidly anti EU and have said many times they favour being inside a reformed EU. If we vote to leave they would be involved in any exit negotiations and would be inclined to offer a second referendum if significant concessions were offered imo. Johnson said as much in the very early days of the campaign and was quickly hushed up.

Because Boris was floating a boat to see where it went which was not very far. He probably realised that he was talking out of the wrong orifice as was Gove.
Mate we are signed up to all the Treaties apart from the Fiscal Pact. The 27 members were very reluctant to give Cameron his concession on welfare benefits and that was only because he probably said to them behind closed doors that if he didn't go back home with something then his reputation would be in tatters and we would likely vote out. What they will do with those concessions after we have voted to remain is kick them into touch. They have to. Either that or they ALL adopt them and Hungary 'aint keen on that.
The madhouse is beyond reform, beyond concessions. The CAP Treaty is set in stone and that is the most expensive part of the budget. If we vote out they will wave goodbye. There won't be another vote unless we ask for one and if we vote out and Cameron starts fucking about asking for concessions then the Tory party will split and anything could happen after that.[/QUOTE]

Cameron will not be asking for concessions if we vote out. He will not be PM. Whoever gets the job, most likely Johnson, will only get it on condition that they accept that out means out. The Eurosceptic Tory MPs are not going to get so close to leaving the EU, to actually win a referendum, and then have it snatched away. For many Tories there are no circumstances in which they would consider that further concessions, whatever those may be, would be preferable to leaving the EU.

[/QUOTE]
We already have a Eurozone and non Eurozone situation developing and I see no reason why the treaty can't be changed to reflect this? The Eurozone will be free to continue with their project of ever closer union and we'd have a more looser relationship which suits us. Failing that we just negotiate the best possible deal for ourselves outside the EU. I'm not particularly bothered either way.[/QUOTE]

I have a problem with the eurozone and the no-euro zone. Even though call me Dave assures us that we won't be paying to prop up eurozone countries, I think indirectly we are and we will continue to. For example the Money that we contributing and the EU gives back to us deciding whre we should spend it could I suppose dry up over night and less would come our way whilst the money being used to support the other economies in "invisible" ways would increase accordingly. Will we have any right to audit and check where our contributions are invested?

we would have another referendum and either vote to leave or stay in

no it wasn't, go and re-read your post

Again either you're mis-reading what is written or choosing to be ignorant, not sure which.

I pointed out that UKIP are predominantly considered as having immigration high on their agenda, indeed you could argue it's the only item on their agenda. In these circumstances there could be a number of moderate voters who would be deterred from voting Leave as they would be worried that they'd be classified as being UKIP supporters and racist, which you will find the majority of Brexit voters are neither.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.