EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This old chestnut yet again. Who's advocating turning off the tap?

Just renew the leaking washer and replace the rusted pipes.
The brexiters are playing the immigration card as their last desperate attempt to win , if they do win the card is played and can't go back in the pack and a significant minority's will be left very angry if they attempt to let the tap remain on. It is a dangerous game.

If someone is prepared to take the very brave steps to reduce consumption, increase savings and really turn off the tap then good luck to them but I don't believe the average voter will make the sacrifices

The Normans weren't French, they only spoke it. The Normans were Scandinavian. It's a common misconception like thinking Frankenstein is the name of the monster.

Napoleon was a dictator who murdered and slaughtered his own way to supreme power. Funny that; the French complained about having one unelected man in power who ruled everything like a dictator, then after years of slaughter, fear and violence they ended up with one unelected man in power who ruled everything like a dictator. Not exactly a man i'd bring up as an example of being a "great military commnader"; a similar comparison can be made with another individual, but nobody would due to the fact they aren't deserving of any praise, no matter how factually correct it might be.
They were French n the way Anglo Saxons are British, being pedantic we are all Asian or further back possibly all African . I am not defending napoleons just pointing out the nonsense about French military victories

The brexiters are playing the immigration card as their last desperate attempt to win , if they do win the card is played and can't go back in the pack and a significant minority's will be left very angry if they attempt to let the tap remain on. It is a dangerous game.

If someone is prepared to take the very brave steps to reduce consumption, increase savings and really turn off the tap then good luck to them but I don't believe the average voter will make the sacrifices

I haven't heard a single person say turn off the tap.

They got rid of the last English King with a victory at Hastings, it's fair to say that Edward 1 , Richard 1 etc were French and them napoleon was probably the best military commander Europe has seen but let's not spoil a good story.

I am still wondering with unemployment dropping again and an ageing population exactly what will happen if the tap is turned off?
Good old Harold Goodwinson.

How many times did Russia attack directly a NATO member during the Cold War?
Name any European country that attacked another NATO member?

NATO didn't have to intervene because everyone knew what would happen if they did attack a NATO country. Britain, France, Germany oh and the US with 8,000+ nukes would have done something about it. Nobody's that crazy.

Are you still at it? I thought you had given up given that posting GIFs is Bluemoon Code for losing the argument!

You are beginning to argue with yourself since you said in an earlier post that NATO was incapable of deterring atrocities in European Countries. You made a fair point then and bodies such as the UN have been shown to be ineffective as peacekeepers as well!
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/un-watched-massa

I've talked about membership of the EU as a means of developing democracies and not NATO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.