EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard Pienaar's Politics on 5Live yesterday, and the Tories are in meltdown over this. However, accordong to their guy on there yesterday, and no one really argued the point, Labour are so poorly lead that the Conservatives don't care about in fighting as they believe they are government and opposition right now. They interviewed some Conservative MP in a cafe, and my life he absolutely slated Cameron over his handling of the referendum.

Politics are going to be interesting after this vote. I'm kind of wondering if Corbyn is allowing the Tories to rip themselves apart over this referendum and then he'll step into the void, or if he just isn't capable of taking advantage now. I think he's just told his team to let the Conservatives self implode, then go for broke and press for an early General Election?

Where abouts in Manc did you vote mate?

I'm voting out so no fecker can change my mind.

I think the "silent majority" will surprise a few. In public yeah we are diplomatic but in a private booth we want our borders back ! no more immigration or atleast more controlled on our terms. No free open borders.

A couple of points on the immigration issue.

Firstly, the leave campaign have made a great play about the UK being able to negotiate a trade deal with the EU if we left and cite Norway as a country that's done exactly that. This is perfectly true but what they neglect to mention is that to get this trade deal Norway had to agree to unlimited immigration from any and all EU countries. So in terms of immigration from the EU we'd be in exactly the same situation as we are now except we'd be on the outside looking in.

Secondly, the situation in the 'Jungle' in Calais is that, as part of cross border co-operation within the EU, the French authorities are committed to do their best to prevent these people (and any others) from illegal access to the UK. There is also a British police presence in Calais to monitor the situation and co-operate with the French. Calais is therefore effectively our border. If we leave the EU the French police will wash their hands of the migrant issue in Calais and no longer prevent anyone from attempting to enter the UK illegally as it would no longer be either their problem or their resonsibility. The British police contingent would also have to be withdrawn. This would mean open season for illegal migrants and the couple of recent instances of boats full of them caught crossing the Channel would increase exponentially and northern France would become a magnet for many more migrants trying to enter the UK illegally.

To the best of my knowledge no-one in the leave campaign has had the guts to point any of this out among all the guff about "regaining control of our borders". The reality is rather different.

Heard Pienaar's Politics on 5Live yesterday, and the Tories are in meltdown over this. However, accordong to their guy on there yesterday, and no one really argued the point, Labour are so poorly lead that the Conservatives don't care about in fighting as they believe they are government and opposition right now. They interviewed some Conservative MP in a cafe, and my life he absolutely slated Cameron over his handling of the referendum.

Politics are going to be interesting after this vote. I'm kind of wondering if Corbyn is allowing the Tories to rip themselves apart over this referendum and then he'll step into the void, or if he just isn't capable of taking advantage now. I think he's just told his team to let the Conservatives self implode, then go for broke and press for an early General Election?

It doesn't really make sense for the Brexit tories to oust Cameron in he wins the referendum, even narrowly. Their only chance of another referendum in the future, say if Turkey does actually join the EU or there is further treaty change, would be if a tory pm granted them one. Ousting Cameron isn't really going to encourage a future tory pm to do that.

My guess is that the main tory Leavers such as Johnson & Gove will stay well clear of any attempt to kick Cameron out. They'll wait until he steps down in 2018.

Hahaha......very good.
They got rid of the last English King with a victory at Hastings, it's fair to say that Edward 1 , Richard 1 etc were French and them napoleon was probably the best military commander Europe has seen but let's not spoil a good story.

I am still wondering with unemployment dropping again and an ageing population exactly what will happen if the tap is turned off?

It doesn't really make sense for the Brexit tories to oust Cameron in he wins the referendum, even narrowly. Their only chance of another referendum in the future, say if Turkey does actually join the EU or there is further treaty change, would be if a tory pm granted them one. Ousting Cameron isn't really going to encourage a future tory pm to do that.

My guess is that the main tory Leavers such as Johnson & Gove will stay well clear of any attempt to kick Cameron out. They'll wait until he steps down in 2018.
You assume rationality, there will come a point where lines are crossed and the rational become irrational. Frankly if I were Boris or George I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the leadership for quite a time after the vote as there will be poison and best to let Cameron deal with that and be killed by it than take on the job at the worst time. It will be a true test as to whether they have the ability and sense to hold their let ambition and ego in check till the right time to take over.

They got rid of the last English King with a victory at Hastings, it's fair to say that Edward 1 , Richard 1 etc were French and them napoleon was probably the best military commander Europe has seen but let's not spoil a good story.

I am still wondering with unemployment dropping again and an ageing population exactly what will happen if the tap is turned off?
The Normans weren't French, they only spoke it. The Normans were Scandinavian. It's a common misconception like thinking Frankenstein is the name of the monster.

Napoleon was a dictator who murdered and slaughtered his own way to supreme power. Funny that; the French complained about having one unelected man in power who ruled everything like a dictator, then after years of slaughter, fear and violence they ended up with one unelected man in power who ruled everything like a dictator. Not exactly a man i'd bring up as an example of being a "great military commander"; a similar comparison can be made with another individual, but nobody would due to the fact they aren't deserving of any praise, no matter how factually correct it might be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.