EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thrust of your comments are very common place with the remain camp and I think you have summarised there what the vast majority of those wishing to remain would say - do you not think the question of blissfully carrying on with the eu by staying requires the same level of scrutiny and analysis?

I think both sides of this debate agree that the burning intention of the eu is to ultimately create a federalist entity - I, and I assume no one else on this board can give any definitive answers in relation to what trading agreements will be etc should the UK leave the EU as there are too many variables involved and they are mainly due to political reasons rather than practical ones. But can you tell us how the UK will function in this eu drive for federalism with the requirements needed for fiscal and political union?

The ambitions to create a federal state will require not just face lift but a complete lobotomy.

LOL...There she blows, the United States of Europe! Gotcha! Go on remainer convince me!

Errrrr! No.

We don't have a United States of Europe and we never will, and the inexorable march towards this fictitious super state is a leaver fantasy that remainers feel under no obligation to indulge, sorry about that, we're not running down that rabbit hole, no matter how much it annoys the of the likes of Gove, Duncan Smith, Farage, Johnson and all the other "Merkel under the bed" conspiracists.

God help us all, not even Flash Gordon could save us from that apocalyptic scenario
You´re either in Europe or you´re not. If we vote in you need to expect the Euro as the currency, you need to expect open borders, an EU military, the rules and regulations you live under made by unelected officials. However there are advantages, no need to queue up for a visa (some of us will remember queuing up in the post office for the one year passports), and cheaper mobile phone calls (even though everyone uses whatsap, skype or facetime when calling abroad)

LOL...There she blows, the United States of Europe! Gotcha! Go on remainer convince me!

Errrrr! No.

We don't have a United States of Europe and we never will, and the inexorable march towards this fictitious super state is a leaver fantasy that remainers feel under no obligation to indulge, sorry about that, we're not running down that rabbit hole, no matter how much it annoys the of the likes of Gove, Duncan Smith, Farage, Johnson and all the other "Merkel under the bed" conspiracists.

In summary then you have concluded that any discussions about potential trading arrangements that could be favourable to the UK are fantasy and that the EU is not on a path to closer union - some talent you got their pal! and next weeks lottery numbers are?

Here's a quote from Manuel Barros (He was the previous president of the eu between 2004 and 2014, just in case anyone on the leave side with learning difficulties are struggling with that one) -

Federal Europe will be 'a reality in a few years', says Jose Manuel Barroso
A fully fledged federal Europe may seem like "political science fiction" today but will soon become reality for all European Union countries whether inside or outside the euro, Jose Manuel Barroso has said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-in-a-few-years-says-Jose-Manuel-Barroso.html

So in essence someone who was the president of the eu for 10 years was talking out of his arse - I wonder how and why he formed such an opinion?

You always seem to be talking about how well you are doing? It can hardly have been too hard on you? Whose lives are being destroyed, where is this North Korean enclave in Cheshire?

There isn't one here which is why I moved - has levenshulme improved due to immigration? Or Bolton? Or Blackburn? Or Bradford? Or Oldham? Or the east end of London?

When someone calls everyone else stupid, you know they have no argument at all.

Is that why the Leavers leaders are treating their target audience as if they are all stupid?

Today we have Gove and Johnson publishing an open letter to Cameron on his failure to meet immigration targets. As if they haven't enough supporters already banging on about the subject. Surely, if they need that stuff they can rely on Farage and the Daily Mail? Gove is probably the only Leaver MP capable of making an intelligent argument for Brexit, he ought to be focusing entirely on the structural problems of the EU, the Euro etc. Instead they've got him sinking to the bottom of the barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.