EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the French are in the Euro and when strategic decisions need to be taken they are there, in the centre, at the helm with Germany, directing the decisions and doing what's best for them, why wouldn't they?

If any investment decision meant the Euro benefiting big time but at cost to sterling, do you think they'd not make it? Of course they wouldn't - why shouldn't they? They'd be stupid not to.

If we're in the UK needs to be dining at the very top table in all matters - anything less is absolutely mind blowingly stupid... or are you happy for those who make decisions to be doing so with no regard for the pound?

The French strategy on the CAP pre-dates the EURO. Also, any significant decisions in the EU need at least a Qualified Majority Vote (two thirds of votes allocated to Countries).

We have managed our Finances successfully outside the Euro for many years and I believe we should continue to do so.

The investment we make is important to the EU so why would other Member States want to disadvantage us to extent that we would want to leave?

My point was about posters calling people with opposing views stupid. I don't speak for Gove and Bozza but I don't recall them actually calling people stupid. So please excuse me if I don't see the relevance of your post.

They're in lowest common denominator land.

You don't need to call someone stupid, just patronise them and talk down to them, that does the trick.

What an answer.

Do you think we have control over our borders sufficiently?

Do you think a net migration figure the in several hundred thousand per year when we are in dire straights of more housing, schools and hospitals is a positive?

Do you think if we stay in this figure will be reduced?

Can we build the 200000 homes per year needed to keep up? And where do we build them.

Instead of talking nonsense about blond buffoons can we have some opinion on some of the actual issues?

This...
"we are in dire straights of more housing, schools and hospitals"
A situation of our own making
"Do you think we have control over our borders sufficiently?"
Yes
"Can we build the 200000 homes per year needed to keep up? And where do we build them"
Wherever we please.

This country is capable of great things, don't let "your betters" convince you otherwise.

Last edited:
What an answer.

Do you think we have control over our borders sufficiently?

Do you think a net migration figure the in several hundred thousand per year when we are in dire straights of more housing, schools and hospitals is a positive?

Do you think if we stay in this figure will be reduced?

Can we build the 200000 homes per year needed to keep up? And where do we build them.

Instead of talking nonsense about blond buffoons can we have some opinion on some of the actual issues?

We could do several things including:
- reduce the half of immigration that comes from outside the EU.
- strengthen border controls where budgets have been slashed in recent years.
- utilise the legislation that has been part and parcel of EU membership eg if a company will only Employ Easter Europeans in its warehouses then we should sue them to high heavens.
- invest the extra tax revenue to expand capacity and capability in our public sector.
- grow our own workforces (eg in the NHS) rather than continue to recruit (at scale) from Asia and the rest of Europe
- implement the rule changes Cameron secured to family benefits etc.

The French strategy on the CAP pre-dates the EURO. Also, any significant decisions in the EU need at least a Qualified Majority Vote (two thirds of votes allocated to Countries).

We have managed our Finances successfully outside the Euro for many years and I believe we should continue to do so.

The investment we make is important to the EU so why would other Member States want to disadvantage us to extent that we would want to leave?
I take your point about the UK managing its own finances outside the Eurozone and is part of the justification for leaving, that said....

You are saying decisions could be taken which would advantage the Euro over the pound if two thirds of the votes (a vote to which the UK is not entitled) decide to do so....

Regarding your final point business is business! And if it meant making the Euro stronger, even to the point that it may encourage the UK to join...? Get where I'm coming from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.