EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
From The Spectator : http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/06/out-and-into-the-world-why-the-spectator-is-for-leave/

Since 1975 the EU has mutated in exactly the way we then feared and now resembles nothing so much as the Habsburg Empire in its dying days. A bloated bureaucracy that has outgrown all usefulness. A parliament that represents many nations, but with no democratic legitimacy. Countries on its periphery pitched into poverty, or agitating for secession. The EU’s hunger for power has been matched only by its incompetence. The European Union is making the people of our continent poorer, and less free.

This goes far beyond frustration at diktats on banana curvature. The EU has started to deform our government. Michael Gove revealed how, as a cabinet member, he regularly finds himself having to process edicts, rules and regulations that have been framed at European level. Laws that no one in Britain had asked for, and which no one elected to the House of Commons has the power to change. What we refer to as British government is increasingly no such thing. It involves the passing of laws written by people whom no one in Britain elected, no one can name and no one can remove.

Push comes to shove I think some outers will bottle it and it will be a narrow win to the inners. I'm still undecided

Again bollocks. You're talking about 2 points on an index. Which can be added in a morning of trading.

Stop lying.

The English are inherently suspicious of people who are always 100% certain of their opinions. So whether people on here are in or out, I think they stopped listening to EB2 a long time ago.

Whatever the result I'd love to hear the plan for the next 2 years.
Remain: How to address immigration? How to prevent the Euro? How to prevent an EU armed force? How to prevent greater federalism? Timelines for all.
Leave: How to setup a fair and efficient visa system? How to put trading agreements in place? How to replace jobs that'll be lost? How to build a stronger economy for the long term? Timeline for all.

Anyway enjoy the game! Hope Sterling plays well despite Wales winning. :-)

Immigrants can't just come to the UK and claim benefits.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25134521

886 million pounds in benefits were handed out to European migrants in 2013/14...that amount will now be considerably larger

This is direct from the welfare bill

4 in 10 EU migrants are in a household that claims benefits

The only caveat being that the PM is currently trying to negotiate an 'emergency brake' deal with the EU...even then...we need the EU's permission to use it

If we vote out...we will have no need for that discussion

As it stands currently migrants only have to wait 3 months for full benefit..ludicrous

Last edited:
886 million pounds in benefits were handed out to European migrants in 2013/14...that amount will now be considerably larger

This is direct from the welfare bill

4 in 10 EU migrants are in a household that claims benefits

The only caveat being that the PM is currently trying to negotiate an 'emergency brake' deal with the EU

If we vote out...we will have no need for that discussion

Where are these stats from? Sounds very much like the bullet points from Migration Watch which is a far right think tank which is regularly discredited.

If not then I would still need to look in more detail.

You say benefits but then quote the welfare bill which also includes such things as pensions, child credit and in work benefits.

Again bollocks. You're talking about 2 points on an index. Which can be added in a morning of trading.

Stop lying.
How can saying a stock market goes down when it has factually gone down be lying. You are denying the market went down on Brexit fears. Of course it can go back in a morning as it can double up in a morning ? havent seen you get so excited about anything for ages - as I said if you are concerned phone up the FT and the AFR and raise with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.