EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remain. It will not happen again. Honest!

Daily-Telegraph-17102011.jpg

That shows how you don't get it, this is not about proving how clever you are and voting out to spite Cameron or Osbourne or Ealing it is about the future of the country and its potential prosperity. If Brexit wins I will be saddened as all I will see is ridiculous triumphalism that will end in bitter disappointment as reality sets in . I won't get any pleasure about that disappointment and the problems that will come at all. As has already been pointed out endlessly I won't have to deal with much of that fall out unless it becomes truly global and may even benefit if Brexit hurts EU trade or moves capital from Europe anyway.

i fail to see how anyone will be set straight next week from either camp regardless of the result - will you change your vies and be set straight if remain wins?

I will do what I have done supporting City for 45 years, moan like fuck for a bit because we lost, then get on with it..! I'm off to watch England v Wales now, bit like a State of Origin match down under.. Now I really will moan like fuck if the sheep shaggers beat us....!!!

Splitting hairs.

'Caring' about immigration usually means not liking immigrants.

Not at all, caring about something one way does not mean you have to hate the other

I will vote out, I am against uncontrolled EU immigration and I am worried/concerned, that as the Eurozone gets worse the immigration will only increase - if you take that as 'hating foreigners' then you are either incredibly stupid(I doubt) or on the wind up(seems more likely)

By the way, I'm posting this from Turkey and my missus' dad comes from St Kitts - just thought I'd add that in, just incase you really did think I 'hated foreigners'

Spoken like a true outer.

Polls back up what I've said. The main issue that voters care about is immigration and migration.

Actually I have become more split as the time comes closer, can see the benefits of staying in, I understand alot more about the EU than I did in the beginning but then the issue for me has never been immigration, I just spent the last year being an immigrant and I cant be a hypocrite. Unfortunately alot of outers dont realise is that immigration wouldnt change. The problem with out is that also there is no precedence to follow or a guideline it would be new territory and 3 years down the line we would probably still be in europe ironing out the details

Oh on the subject of immigration...is their any country in the world where you can rock up and claim benefits despite never contributing anything at all to the government coffers?

Did you know that Spain has no benefits system at all that is not contribution based...if you've not worked...you get nada unless you're disabled and physically unable to work

That alone is fucking bat shit bonkers

Regardless of the outcome this has to be addressed

Immigrants can't just come to the UK and claim benefits.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25134521

Actually I have become more split as the time comes closer, can see the benefits of staying in, I understand alot more about the EU than I did in the beginning but then the issue for me has never been immigration, I just spent the last year being an immigrant and I cant be a hypocrite. Unfortunately alot of outers dont realise is that immigration wouldnt change. The problem with out is that also there is no precedence to follow or a guideline it would be new territory and 3 years down the line we would probably still be in europe ironing out the details

Fully agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.