Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Born and bred in the north west.

Moved to Qatar three years ago.

Still pay tax in the UK on my UK income.

Still own property in the UK.

Voted In by post last week.

Why would I give up my UK passport? It wouldn't stop the UK tax office coming after my estate for inheritance tax on my worldwide estate. What benefit would I receive from it?

Thanks for the helpful information.

On reflection, I couldn't give a toss if you keep a British passport or not.

To some people winning an argument is more important than being right. Again that is the problem with both sides in this debate. Judging by a number of comments on here a fair few brexiters see winning the argument as being right. Remainers fear losing the argument but time proving them to be utterly correct in all they said .when an argument ignores facts and ignores reality and becomes only emotion it isn't one that is won or lost only time tells who wins and loses and unfortunately if a decision is made that proves wrong then the reality is those who were right will lose more than those who were wrong.
Same applies to a Remain vote, when people realise that what they've actually voted for isn't the status quo and the EU has kept quiet about lots of stuff that they know the British people won't like, until after they've voted to Remain. Also a Leave vote will very quickly reveal that Cameron and Osbourne have been lying through their teeth in order to win an argument and to save their own skins, rather than because they believe the bollocks that their spouting.

Yes. Born and bred in the north west.

Moved to Qatar three years ago.

Still pay tax in the UK on my UK income.

Still own property in the UK.

Voted In by post last week.

Why would I give up my UK passport? It wouldn't stop the UK tax office coming after my estate for inheritance tax on my worldwide estate. What benefit would I receive from it?
I don't understand why anyone would give up a passport to be honest . I became a dual national as are my kids

Let's just hope with campaigning suspended, both sides take a deep breath, look at themselves and when they re commence stop on the tory remain side project fear, and the leave side project fear and any that have previously, stop the vile rhetoric that stirs up divide within our country.

The posistive message of staying or going should be all we hear and how we are all one people no matter what race, religion, sex and politics we are and go forward in harmony no matter the result

Have to say I'm glad Sterling went off at half time. "Vardy's on Fire.." The Welsh fans were a credit though

England deserved that hard fought victory but on the plus side, both teams will progress to the last 16 so still all to play for, Wales will beat Russia and I think England will get at least a point against Slovakia.. So glad Woy bit the bullet and changed Kane and sterling, that combination was going nowhere.. I'm not a sterling hater but he has not played well so far and even Stevie wonder would have scored that chance in the first half...Right lets get back to slagging each other about the referendum....!!!

Should the vote to leave the EU be successful how do those who want this feel about those EU citizens currently living and working in the UK? Is a line drawn here and they get to stay? Or do you make them return to their homelands?
I don't think anyone on the Leave side, certainly on here, has suggested the people that already in this country should be "sent home". That would be both unfair and unreasonable and should NOT happen.

Same applies to a Remain vote, when people realise that what they've actually voted for isn't the status quo and the EU has kept quiet about lots of stuff that they know the British people won't like, until after they've voted to Remain. Also a Leave vote will very quickly reveal that Cameron and Osbourne have been lying through their teeth in order to win an argument and to save their own skins, rather than because they believe the bollocks that their spouting.
If the remain camp win the argument and we get taken over by Merkel goose stepping down Oxford street I will apologise
well if Brexit wins I sincerely hope I am wrong

A UK inside the EU is going to have benefits and influence across all our borders, an out vote puts the nation at the mercy of Boris fuckibg Johnson. That alone is reason to stay.

That is a very short term view, this vote is for the next generation not the next 5 years. You will also have the chance to vote him/them out if your are not happy. There is also an opposition party/parties, so if he does become PM, the country will not be 'at his mercy' in the slightest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.