EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only will there be no second referendum, it will be Merkel who will be back to the wall on our exit, its her who will be desperate to appease the German car giants and the other industries who sell to us, as well as facing up to the reality that it will fall on the German economy to be the cash cow for the EU.

The whole point is that we do not want to be dragged deeper into a federal Europe with political & economic union, not that we do not want to trade with European countries, if their governments are stupid enough to fire up a trade war we will win hands down.

Not only will there be no second referendum, it will be Merkel who will be back to the wall on our exit, its her who will be desperate to appease the German car giants and the other industries who sell to us, as well as facing up to the reality that it will fall on the German economy to be the cash cow for the EU.

The whole point is that we do not want to be dragged deeper into a federal Europe with political & economic union, not that we do not want to trade with European countries, if their governments are stupid enough to fire up a trade war we will win hands down.

I very much doubt that Merkel wakes up in the morning worrying about the German car industry's UK sales. I reckon that at least 3 mornings a week she wakes up thinking about immigration and asylum. Specifically, her policy on the Syrian refugees that has sharply divided opinion in Germany and impacted on her reputation. There is no chance that she'll agree to a UK deal that exempts us from the free movement of labour, meaning, as far as the German people are concerned, more foreign workers heading to Germany to add to the asylum seekers.

Last edited:
If their governments are stupid enough to fire up a trade war we will win hands down.

Evidence it, demonstrate your knowledge. This keeps getting thrown out like a fact where really you are not even scratching the surface of the granularity of international trade. I posted a long while back why, in my opinion, your line of argument here is incredibly misinformed at best.

I believe you're just picking up quotes from another forum you are registered with and going with it because it suits your world view. Further evidenced by your frequent references to minford and holding him up to be something other than an outdated anti (any) government free marketeer.

If these are your views, evidence why. If you won't at least do that, then you can be put down as another loudly shouting charlatan who believes yet doesn't understand the message in his words. Which I think is more likely given your obsession with GS. Have you ever interacted with them, by the way? I have and do, frequently. there is a reason why they're seemingly everywhere it's not because of some conspiracy, it's because they hire the best people. I know you'll dismiss that comment, it's what you do. But you can rest assured that they put all of us on here to shame intellectually and through drive. What they achieve, I daresay, outweighs oir own by some distance. It really shouldn't be a surprise that some of them end up working for supranationals. The Greece thing was a debacle, of course, but your obsession only belittles any point you put across.

It's clear your viewpoint is entrenched massively. If i were you I'd consider my eq

Banks have been lobbying intensively against Brexit. Among those leading the charge is Goldman Sachs. For three years, the bank’s executives have publicly warned about the downsides of leaving the EU... and now we know why (hint - it's not concern for the common man).
Guess Which Major Bank Loses The Most From Brexit?
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-14/guess-which-major-bank-loses-most-brexit

Private company adopts a position of self-interest shock horror!

My reference to the National Front was tongue in cheek, but it was based on your use of right wing nationalistic verbiage.

That "right wing nationalistic verbiage" is a statement of fact like it or not, shipping in cheap labour to undermine pay and conditions is the tactic credited to the Right, defending jobs and pay structure the left, defending the environment is down right liberal but the impact of the influx is leading to houses being slapped up in green belt areas.

Numbers are not a race, an its the sheer number doing untold damage.

For the In campaign it all hangs on whether they can convince people who will be swayed by the reforms that Cameron promised as an incentive to vote to remain. But if the EU rejects those reforms (as they have still not actually agreed to implement them) then I can see a second referendum being petitioned on the basis that the In campaigns promises were false and that those who voted 'In' to the reforms in order for Britain to remain were lied to, and I don't think anyone could disagree with that stance.

I very much doubt that Merkel wakes up in the morning worrying about the German car industry's UK sales. I reckon that at least 3 mornings a week she wakes up thinking about immigration and asylum. Specifically, her policy on the Syrian refugees that has sharply divided opinion in Germany and impacted on her reputation. There is no chance that she'll agree to a UK deal that exempts us from the free movement of labour, meaning, as far as the German people are concerned, more foreign workers heading to Germany to add to the asylum seekers.
The economy is the only thing keeping the angry mob at bay at the moment and entering a trade war with your most important market would be suicidal and simply won't happen. She either agrees to the UK being exempt from the free movement of labour, which is perfectly reasonable given that there would have just been a vote to leave the EU where this has been one of the main points raised by the leave side, or there will be no deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.