EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I left grammar school, many of my mates went to the local secondary modern, some became apprentices, joiners, plumbers etc;
although many went into the local factories unskilled and did repetitive jobs that required little training. These jobs have now vanished
to be replaced by supermarkets, warehousing, retailing, and similar industries. It is these jobs that many immigrants have filled, and made unskilled work harder
to find, (Bimbo Bob's post about lazy Brits does have resonance too). I've no idea what your industry is, but if it calls for linguistic skills, then I've no
problem with your company employing migrants, there is obviously a shortage of home grown workers with such skills; that is the point, we have no need to
import workers with no skills whatsoever.

The industry im thinking of is Video games, there are a lot of highly skilled jobs in there but a lot of the lower level jobs ( Testing, Customer service, office managment, admin etc etc ) get taken up by multi linguists who can help with questions from around the globe or translations issues.

This could apply to retail too, A lot of shops in London hire staff who can speak multiple languages just so they can help with it being such a multi cultural city.

After reading your last few posts I am assuming that you are desperate for somebody to call you racist? Its not happening but you keep going on about it

Look back over the thread and there are numerous instances where other posters have been called just that for daring to raise the issue, they have no logical argument in favor of MASS uncontrolled immigration so resort to playing the race card.

Look back over the thread and there are numerous instances where other posters have been called just that for daring to raise the issue, they have no logical argument in favor of MASS uncontrolled immigration so resort to playing the race card.

Had a quick look back and it appears to be mostly the 'outers' accusing the 'inners' of being racist, especially left wing 'inners' but hey ho, maybe you see something I cant

As for uncontrolled mass immigration suppose the best argument is that the most successful countries in human history have been the ones with the most immigrants, and the insular countries have usually been poor relations/basket cases

Not sure if its chicken and egg, success leads to immigrants rather than immigrants lead to success, probably a bit of both, either way you should be pretty happy about being lucky enough to have been born in such a place that people will risk death trying to get to

As for uncontrolled mass immigration suppose the best argument is that the most successful countries in human history have been the ones with the most immigrants, and the insular countries have usually been poor relations/basket cases

Differentiate between immigration, which can be a good thing, and MASS uncontrolled immigration which is what is facing us at the moment and you might have a point,
That would back the need for borer control.

Your case for the most successful countries can only mean America and Australia ?, both countries were almost empty and still expanding/ building, how then does that compare to a small Island with an excess in the workforce and finite resources of schools, hospitals, public services, housing ect ?.

When the migrant crisis was first discussed on here, many of us who dared to suggest that returning these people to
Turkey, an enormous, 98% muslim country, with a (at present) relatively benign, secular government, were derided as the
ever present RWNJ's, reverting to type, and no better than the SS. This benign organisation called the European Union has just
decided, collectively, to remove from it's territory, migrants arriving via said country back to Turkey, whether they like it or not.
No picking and choosing whether to go to Germany or Sweden, sorry cock, you're back in the old Ottaman empire.
When needs must, it appears every fucker is a right wing nut job.

Rock and a hard place for me this one.

Totally shit to have to stay in. Absolute mare if we have to come out. Can we just declare war on them instead?

clearly what we need is an over abundance of useless talking shop politicians with their snouts in the trough

they are doing such a fucking good job

this is at least a good chance to kick a good bunch of the overpaid useless twats into touch

Your case for the most successful countries can only mean America and Australia ?, both countries were almost empty and still expanding/ building, how then does that compare to a small Island with an excess in the workforce and finite resources of schools, hospitals, public services, housing ect ?.

We don't currently have an excess in the workforce and I'm not sure we have run out of any schools, houses or hospitals either have we? And why is it finite? We've been closing schools and hospitals for the whole of my lifetime

And regards successful countries every single country in western Europe, all of north America and pretty much all of Oceania has been wildly successful in the last 50 years and every country has had enormous immigration

Don't get why anyone would think the UK would be better off outside of the biggest single market. If we fucking exported anything then we hold the chips but we really don't. Our big money makers are in finance and they are so tied into the international market it would be devastating, surely, to leave the EU.

I guess everyone is selfish mind. My Mrs is Spanish (yeah yeah terrible mirgrants who come over here - least we forget the 1.1m expats living in Spain) and I worry to think what would happen should her residency and work suddenly not be secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.